Preamp and Poweramp Connection

AdamZ

Mar 23, 2017
Germanny
hello guys
I usually use a Classe Audio CP-700 Preamp and a Krell KSA-200S Amp. A good Combination for my Duntech Princess C-5000 Speakers,
which needs a lot of control, especially in the bass.
Now my Krell is defective and the repair is problematic because there are no more spare parts. Some Parts are sent to Krell/USA for a Solution. Maybe.
I currently have a Hyperion BEC-250.
this is a 2x250W A/B Amplifier.
As a replacement for the Krell OK. But just OK.
I still have an Ecler MPA 4-400 4 channel PA Amplifier which have
4x400 Watts/8 Ohm also in A/B.
Have changed the Cooling Vents to Noctua NF-A8 ULN(Ultra Low Noise)
So it is Noisewise good in my Livvingroom.
The CP-700 has 2 XLR Outputs for the right and left Channel.
What will happen if I connect the 4 Outputs of the Preamp to the 4 inputs of the Amp?
Will I then get a better or more even distribution of the Amplifier power?
Anyone have experience?
Thanks
Adam

Last edited:

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
hello guys
I usually use a Classe Audio CP-700 Preamp and a Krell KSA-200S Amp. A good Combination for my Duntech Princess C-5000 Speakers,
which needs a lot of control, especially in the bass.
Now my Krell is defective and the repair is problematic because there are no more spare parts. Some Parts are sent to Krell/USA for a Solution. Maybe.
I currently have a Hyperion BEC-250.
this is a 2x250W A/B Amplifier.
As a replacement for the Krell OK. But just OK.
I still have an Ecler MPA 4-400 4 channel PA Amplifier which have
4x400 Watts/8 Ohm also in A/B.
Have changed the Cooling Vents to Noctua NF-A8 ULN(Ultra Low Noise)
So it is Noisewise good in my Livvingroom.
The CP-700 has 2 XLR Outputs for the right and left Channel.
What will happen if I connect the 4 Outputs of the Preamp to the 4 inputs of the Amp?
Will I then get a better or more even distribution of the Amplifier power?
Anyone have experience?
Thanks
Adam
The MPA 4-400 is not suited to work in a parallel connection as it is not specified in the manual. Do the speakers have a bi-amping option?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing