Primephonic sold to Apple, Ceasing operation Sept 7th.

Andrew S.

Mar 20, 2021
Hobart, Tasmania
Got this in my inbox today.... PrimePhonic sold to Apple, service going offline in a week - going to integrate with Apple Music next year.

In the meantime subscribers are offered 6 months of Apple Music.

Dear Primephonic user,

Three years ago, Primephonic was launched to create a better future for classical music by addressing the challenges and complexities of classical music in the streaming era. To do so, we had to develop a streaming service that truly gets classical right, so that’s what we did over the last 3 years. But to fully achieve our mission, we need to bring our classical streaming expertise to millions of listeners worldwide in the next phase.

As a classical-only startup, we can not reach the majority of classical listeners worldwide, especially those that listen to many other music genres as well. We therefore concluded that in order to achieve our mission, we need to partner with a leading streaming service that encompasses all music genres and also shares our love for classical music. Today, we are therefore thrilled to share a great step forward in our mission – Primephonic is joining Apple Music!

We are working on an amazing new classical music experience from Apple for early next year, but unfortunately, the Primephonic service will be taken offline starting September 7. You may continue to use it at no charge until then.

A refund will be issued for the remaining days in your paid subscription. Please allow up to 30 days for these funds to be applied to your original payment method. After your refund is fully processed, your payment information will be deleted.

Last edited:

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
I received the same message. Pity, their library was extensive and I enjoyed their selections and "introduction" playlists especially in modern & contemporary (where I am totally ignorant!)
No, I not a fan of apple music.
Qobuz seems more like it, but I'd miss Primephonic knowledgeable curators.

Andrew S.

Mar 20, 2021
Hobart, Tasmania
Yes - with you there - I don't like Music either - took the 6 months but have cancelled it already.

Oh well. Onwards.

Reactions: Gregm

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing