PS Audio Obsidian "Ted Smith Signature" "TSS" DAC.

CKKeung

Jun 18, 2011
Hong Kong
PS Audio announced a new flagship DAC at the Axpona Show 2019 :
The Obsidian "Ted Smith Signature" "TSS" DAC.

Some features are :
  • Separate digital and analog sections.
  • New FPGA has 250% greater computing capacity.
  • High isolation power supplies.
  • Galvanic isolation via fiber optic cable.
It seems that there is a new wave of using "optical isolation" on CAS/digital products.

Its tentative msrp is USD20-25k.

From Audio Bacon website.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2014
I find it interesting there hasn’t been a word about this ‘mega’ DAC from Paul. He has been talking about his new speakers for a year and hasn’t been shy about speaking other new products early.

CKKeung

Jun 18, 2011
Hong Kong
Oct 1, 2014
PS Audio announced a new flagship DAC at the Axpona Show 2019 :
The Obsidian "Ted Smith Signature" "TSS" DAC.

Some features are :
  • Separate digital and analog sections.
  • New FPGA has 250% greater computing capacity.
  • High isolation power supplies.
  • Galvanic isolation via fiber optic cable.
It seems that there is a new wave of using "optical isolation" on CAS/digital products.

Its tentative msrp is USD20-25k.

From Audio Bacon website.
That was a great example of a genius speaking with the average person - Ted Smith is one VERY smart guy & the interviewer really had NFI what Ted was talking about. Digital & analogue in separate boxes - makes perfect sense to me - NOTE - I have as much DAC knowledge as the interviewer. Cook great bacon & eggs though

Lee

Feb 4, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I spoke with Ted at the show (the prototype looked fantastic by the way). It's definitely an all out design. He also mentioned the updates for us DirectStream users will continue to come out.

I hope I can afford the TSS when it comes out!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing