Qobuz and Tidal comparison

For me, the main reason for me to get Qobuz is because my classical music albums comes with the booklet in Qobuz. Unless Tidal has changed, I don’t think I can read the information booklet in Tidal.

There are some non-classical albums, e.g. k-pop or canto pop or even Canadian pop (Carly Rae Jepsen) that are not available on Qobuz. But since they are not my primary interest in music, I just live without them. There is always YouTube.

When I had both Tidal and Qobuz at the same time, when the album is identical, I have not noticed streaming from Roon in my system to make a difference to the sound. But that’s just my system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu