Qualio Audio join the WBF forums!

QualioAudio

Industry Expert
Jan 4, 2023
Poland
www.qualioaudio.com
Great to hear that you are upgrading the speakers and thank you for the feedback. Indeed there is a sweet spot for a manufacturer and the availability of parts is also one thing to consider ;)

Nevertheless, we did a few custom parts switches, but the speakers will rock your boat out of the box.

I just put the review of the Naim Supernait 3 to YT. I lived with this amp and the IQ for nearly a year now and I can totally recommend such a combo ;)

QualioAudio

Industry Expert
Jan 4, 2023
Poland
www.qualioaudio.com
Yesterday I visited Koris a local HiFi store in Pozna? Poland and Qualio IQ got connected to Gryphon Diablo 300 and Auralic DAC and Streamer. The sound is stunning. Check it out yourself

Reactions: bryans

Superchunk

Feb 19, 2023
The IQ is definitely worthy of top shelf components in the crossover. Qualio did a fantastic job with the commercial crossover with Jantzen foil inductor on the midrange and high quality Mundorf alum caps at all locations.

It is not practical in a commercial speaker for the manufacturer to max out these parts for two reasons. First is simply the law of diminishing returns, these parts can eclipse the entire speaker on cost. Secondly post covid the ready availability of more premium passive parts has been very inconsistent. If you want the inductor on the bass unit in the Qualio to be a Duelund CAST copper its about 10 months wait.

That being said my experience is that when a speaker hits all of the marks due to its design, crossover upgrades are even more likely to pay serious dividends.

So I spent some time past couple of weeks maxing them out. Only part that stayed is the original Jantzen foil inductor on the midrange, hard to better that one.....

I really appreciate your analysis on the above posts. And I agree, as I said I'm my review, if I had to give the qualio strength in one word it would be balance. While I didn't know that was something I cared about that much, when you hear a perfectly balanced speaker everything just clicks.

I expect to have my qualio a long time and I would love to make some upgrades. If you don't mind giving me a list of what you did (I'm not technically smart but I can learn and research from what you tell me...and then pass it on to my very good tech) and how you found the changes I would really, really appreciate it. Pm or public or whatever you like.

Thanks so much in advance.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I have i friend who is getting rid of his Rockport Mira after having demoed the Qualio IQ in his system.
He is driving them with B.Audio pre-power.
Hope to visit him soon.

QualioAudio

Industry Expert
Jan 4, 2023
Poland
www.qualioaudio.com
Many customers are switching from multiple times more speakers ;)
I have i friend who is getting rid of his Rockport Mira after having demoed the Qualio IQ in his system.
He is driving them with B.Audio pre-power.
Hope to visit him soon.
Many people are switching from more expensive speakers. Here is feedback from another happy owner

"I just have to send you a note now when I have listened to the Qualio IQ in my home for a day, and I’m floored. Truely wonderfull - In every way! My compliments Grzegorz, you absolutely nailed it. I feel the Qualio IQ really have it all - air, texture, timbre, emotion, lively, prat and a coherent full register with real grunt, also in addition to that: room friendly, all this without any obvious drawbacks… When listening I’m captured and emotionally moved by the music, like never before. Thank you!

BTW, they are replacing Audiovector R&6 Avantgarde, about three times more expensive (tbh the R6 may be just too powerful and large for my room, but enyway).
Sadly I must return these to Marcus for a few days because of an exhibition next weekend, but after that they will return. Can’t wait :) "

Vhond

Nov 25, 2023
Europe
The IQ is definitely worthy of top shelf components in the crossover. Qualio did a fantastic job with the commercial crossover with Jantzen foil inductor on the midrange and high quality Mundorf alum caps at all locations.

It is not practical in a commercial speaker for the manufacturer to max out these parts for two reasons. First is simply the law of diminishing returns, these parts can eclipse the entire speaker on cost. Secondly post covid the ready availability of more premium passive parts has been very inconsistent. If you want the inductor on the bass unit in the Qualio to be a Duelund CAST copper its about 10 months wait.

That being said my experience is that when a speaker hits all of the marks due to its design, crossover upgrades are even more likely to pay serious dividends.

So I spent some time past couple of weeks maxing them out. Only part that stayed is the original Jantzen foil inductor on the midrange, hard to better that one.....
So you 'only' switched filter components or also wiring??

QualioAudio

Industry Expert
Jan 4, 2023
Poland
www.qualioaudio.com
I did few changes and experiments to my listening room an setup. I have new Weiss DAC204 and I am experimenting with class D amp tuning ;)

The results are stunning

Superchunk

Feb 19, 2023
Little update for me. I have had and loved my Lab12 Suono for many years, but the 25wpc single ended amp just didn't work that well with the qualio, understandably. After many amps (mostly integrated) over the last year, all pretty heavy hitters, i never found the pure musical enjoyment I have with my Suono.

Finally I got around to trying anti cable autoformers, running at 12ohm and wow, it's perfect. I'm using triode mode mostly (for evening listening, I often use ultra linear for daytime, more rowdy stuff) which is 12 watts and everything is basically perfect for me. The bass is fantastic, textured and deep and the kids and highs are rich, textured and beautiful.

Point being, if you like lower powered class A, these speakers can work wonderful for you with a cheap addition of the autoformers.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN

Because I may be downsizing and looking at different speakers, I am very interested in a full, detailed accounting of what you changed from standard on the IQ.

Also, have you measured in room response?

Thanks in advance...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing