RADA Precious One Phono

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
That is affordable, I really mean that

Agreed. It is crazy good value. Where the hell can you get a phonostage with solid silver amorphous output transformers and crazy good quality build and aesthetic for this money - answer nowhere lol.

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
Agreed. It is crazy good value. Where the hell can you get a phonostage with solid silver amorphous output transformers and crazy good quality build and aesthetic for this money - answer nowhere lol.
Concur
I’m waiting for Misho Myronov Wooden Phono
Great value. Reportedly.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
For those of you not acquainted with Eugene Ysaye (the music I was absorbed in for a few days per review) - check out this otherworldly version by Vengerov - make sure you get to the end and I bet your heart rate is up by the end lol.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
general electric 7044, really good mids, bass is tighter then nos valvo or philips

Thanks DasguteOhr. You know Leif built your battery field coil supply - he is mightily happy man.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
The Precious Copper that is forthcoming to Solypsa this summer will certainly set a new value bar :)
I want to hear it. I have been through 3 phono stages in the last few months. Non are sticking. Either quiet with no life, or life and too much noise. I don't like turning my vinyl up to optimum listening levels and hearing a deep hum. My digital is dead quiet. My vinyl should be the same.

Tokareckas

Jan 2, 2022
I want to hear it. I have been through 3 phono stages in the last few months. Non are sticking. Either quiet with no life, or life and too much noise. I don't like turning my vinyl up to optimum listening levels and hearing a deep hum. My digital is dead quiet. My vinyl should be the same.
Despite the fact, that it is tube gear, Rada amps, phono stage and all the other products are dead quiet. Silence becomes musical.

Reactions: Solypsa

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Despite the fact, that it is tube gear, Rada amps, phono stage and all the other products are dead quiet. Silence becomes musical.
I hope so. 2 others I tried were touted as the same.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

The RADA Precious is exceptionally quiet regardless of tube or solid state. It is the quietest I have ever owned. You’ll need a good SUT and ensure that is grounded to the RADA.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I have a Bobs device. I like a SUT. But they are tricky. You have to match them to the cart.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I have a Bobs device. I like a SUT. But they are tricky. You have to match them to the cart.
You also have to pick the right cable in/out of it. More variable. I only use SUT just because I want to utilize my mm input. My phono can do the job just excellent without it.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
EMT phono also uses sut....just inside box ;) ( I cant remember if EMT is on circuit boards or point to point wire...)

But yes more cable / connector, more variables...

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Myy Allnic also has internal SUT. But for some reason, the Bobs pairs much better with my Denon 103R.

I do dislike how difficult it is to keep noise out of the cable beteen the SUT and MM input.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
EMT phono also uses sut....just inside box ;) ( I cant remember if EMT is on circuit boards or point to point wire...)

But yes more cable / connector, more variables...
I should have said "external" SUT. :)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
In terms of the commentary above regarding SUTs. I would estimate 99% of the time internal SUTs are spec’d to a price point of the overall build and can be improved on with an external much higher quality SUT.

Low capacitance and screened / shielded cable is your choice if you get any noise.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Can you describe the sound of the Aidas, perhaps compared to one of the more common carts out there?
A client that replaced his Benz LP-S MR with an Aidas Gala Gold sent me a few of his observations. I'll add them to the Aidas thread.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
RADA Precious phono ships this week :).

Same basic circuit as the Precious One, but copper version, simplified slightly and optimized to use new production parts ( vs NOS ) .

RADA Precious .jpg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing