Relevant Audio Forums other than WBAF?

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
I disagree. It takes very little for them to begin a public crucifixial event of any member. I would stay away.

Reading the Coronavirus thread there gives me a perspective of what you're saying, but you have to take this into account:
https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/what-is-sbaf-10-articles-for-behavior.5555/

"[7] Think of SBAF as your local neighbor dive bar where conversations are between people who know each other. If you have a strong opinion, don't immediately barge in without expecting a regular patron to swing a barstool over your head. Get a lay of the land. Understand local customs. Get to know the people. You don't want to be the guy walking into a Barca pub arguing Ronaldo is way better than Messi. Sometimes it's just not a good fit. It's nothing personal."

They're pretty clear from the beggining about the forum rules and behavior, is not the typical "everything is awesome" forum and that's part of the charm. Of course, not everyone is a good fit, but that's expected and common in the internet, you shouldn't give importance to it and just enjoy forums that resonate better with you.

Stay safe from the Covid, that thing is real and many times worse than the flu, just check Italy and Spain...

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I read all of that, thoroughly. I'm fine with disagreements, strong ones, but fair game for all. My experience with forums to the contrary is they support devious (and even illegal sometimes) treatment because herd mentality is fully accepted when no one would dare stand up to support dissenting opinions, as they fear the same fate. I won't go into detail of problems I see, but I can say many members here would not fair well there - this forum is remarkably friendly and fare even with dissenting opinions (which there are many!).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Resnick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing