"Repulsive-gravity" patent awarded to US Navy

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I think the possibilities for life are endless .
As we discover more and more planets in the habitable zones .
Imagine a habitable planet orbiting a dwarf star which they have discovered.
These burn hydrogen so slowly those systems last for trillions of years .
Just imagine what could evolve there .
Anything a man cant see he doesnt believe in , untill proven otherwise.
Intereresting Joe ,....antarctica are you there for research?

Reactions: Duke LeJeune

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
Good detective work, Duke!

Thank you Ron.

I think reasonable people can have reasonable opinions which differ on this and other topics. I don't think all of the reasonable people and reasonable opinions are just on one side.

Last edited:

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
No, just to experience it’s beauty. It was our 7th continent. The beauty there and the incredible wildlife was staggering.

Attachments

• 40AF1AC4-9151-4FEF-A26C-A65F2C400D40.jpeg
    40AF1AC4-9151-4FEF-A26C-A65F2C400D40.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: andromedaaudio

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Great would love to see it one time.

I dont wanna derail the discussion to the egyptian past
But as a sideways remark anyone who has visited the serapeum in egypt the unfinished obelisk, the ramses the second 1200 ton granite statue in luxor .

Some sort of antigravity techniek must have existed already on this planet which got lost

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I heard a lot of scientists state that with the james webb in operation soon they willl be able to detect if there is life somewhere by studying the atmosphere of the planet

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Some spiritual traditions have stories of practitioners being able to manipulate the body's energy centers, bring them to a certain vibration which makes the body immune to gravity, this would allow them to travel long distances effortlessly.

This hasn't been possible in recent time of course, but science is discovering the human body has capabilities that are undiscovered by most, such as Buddhist Tummo practice and the feats accomplished by Wim Hoff, which I believe is similar to Tummo.

https://www.wimhofmethod.com/

The main fault with human existence is ignorance, although it can incorporate any of the other poisons such as greed, anger, etc. ignorance is pervasive. However, it's a step up from the existence of animals... the very next step. As far as the ultimate expression of consciousness, I think we're probably like a baby who has just acquired a sense of self.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Al, while I don’t like dragging on, the exoplanets we have found have never really been imaged, their spectra studied, etc. yes, we have found gas giants, hot Jupiters and the like, but there are likely more planets in those systems that we cannot yet detect. What is there at this juncture is all guess work, other than we have been able to detect there are planets there. Perhaps the James Webb will help improve our understanding. We can’t even find planet 9 out in the Kuiper Belt that observations indicate must be there and that is in our own solar system. A recent paper even models that Proxima b in the closest Star system to Earth, even though tidally lock may indeed be able to support life. That is galatically speaking, in our own backyard. Time will tell.

You should watch that PBS episode, it's really interesting. -- As for planets able to support life, there must be countless ones! As I mentioned, I very much assume we have life in our own solar system, e.g., on a moon of Jupiter or Saturn. But the expected ubiquitousness of microbial life does not say anything about intelligent life, which is expected to be rather rare. So that something can "support life" doesn't say much in this context.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I heard a lot of scientists state that with the james webb in operation soon they willl be able to detect if there is life somewhere by studying the atmosphere of the planet

No, they may be able to detect if there are *conditions for* life. Let's be accurate please, shall we?

Having said that, I do assume that wherever there are conditions for life, there will be life, at least on the microbial level. Regardless, the actual discovery of independent life outside our planet would be one of the greatest scientific discoveries of all time!

Last edited:

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Hi Al,

I truly am curious to try to pin down your thought here. I want to understand you.

Are you saying that whatever the explanation is, you believe the TicTacs are not extra-terrestrial and that they are not secret U.S. military technology?

Hi Ron,

they may be secret U.S. military technology, or more likely something much more trivial. Yet in my view the probability that they are extraterrestrial is basically zero, for all the reasons I mentioned.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
No not in my understanding Al
Life produces gasses etc
Lfe on a planet changes the atmosphere in comparison to a planet without life , so it can deternined by simply studying the atmossphere .
They cannot determine however if the life is microbial or something bigger like us .
I ll post a link when i find it
March 2021 is the launch

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
No not in my understanding Al
Life produces gasses etc
Lfe on a planet changes the atmosphere in comparison to a planet without life , so it can deternined by simply studying the atmossphere .
They cannot determine however if the life is microbial or something bigger like us .
I ll post a link when i find it
March 2021 is the launch

I suppose you mean something like this:

New way of detecting oxygen on exoplanets could help find life,
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/06/world/exoplanet-oxygen-detection-scn/index.html

One caveat from the article:

The presence of oxygen alone in an exoplanet atmosphere is no guarantee that life is present as well. Sometimes oxygen acts like a false positive of a biosignature because it can form in other ways.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
What do I think of it? Nothing. There are many reasonable alternative explanations, see for example subheading "Skeptical views" under:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Nimitz_UFO_incident

Let's look at it from a practical perspective: how would extraterrestrials come to Earth with an object, but there would be none but a few spurious encounters? Would that be worth a trip over a distance of many light years? Why not identify themselves to Earthlings?

And if they came with a hostile intention to take over the world, wouldn't they come with a whole armada? We haven't seen that, and a large fleet could not go undetected by the scientific community, no matter how much of a government military conspiracy there was.

No matter how you slice and dice it, there's just no plausible reason to suspect extraterrestrial involvement in those encounters. Add to that what I mentioned above, the expected scarcity of intelligent (not microbial) life in the universe and the vast distances even just within our own galaxy, and the probability of the incident being an extraterrestrial encounter drops down to zero.

I just read the wikipedia article, and I must say the counter-arguments for what these things are, are very very weak: human error, aerial phenomena, and that kinda stuff. For the first time, I believe these objects are real, but as to what they are, not a clue. But, they appear to be too primitive to be from another world, as I would expect a visiting alien civilization to sport more than just fast-zipping tic tac things. Moreover, alien probes would probably be doing more interesting things than just flying around. I do think these are man-made objects, and I do believe - for the first time - that they feature advanced propulsion technologies, the likes of which we cannot comprehend yet. I do not think they are manned objects either, given the incredible accelerations we see; I am guessing they are "remote controlled" experimental vehicles, and we will be finding out more about them in the next hundred years.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I just read the wikipedia article, and I must say the counter-arguments for what these things are, are very very weak: human error, aerial phenomena, and that kinda stuff. For the first time, I believe these objects are real, but as to what they are, not a clue. But, they appear to be too primitive to be from another world, as I would expect a visiting alien civilization to sport more than just fast-zipping tic tac things. Moreover, alien probes would probably be doing more interesting things than just flying around. I do think these are man-made objects, and I do believe - for the first time - that they feature advanced propulsion technologies, the likes of which we cannot comprehend yet. I do not think they are manned objects either, given the incredible accelerations we see; I am guessing they are "remote controlled" experimental vehicles, and we will be finding out more about them in the next hundred years.

That sounds reasonable. As long as they are man-made, I'm in for anything...

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I think the Nimitz tic tacs were probably drones, likely US military but who knows. I think it's likely if there is alien life out there they'd most likely observe us in the same way we observe chimps.

Not sure if it's been posted...

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Hmph. The repulsive gravity generator that I need is one that repulses the gravity dragging all my former muscle mass from shoulders and chest into a repulsive blob around my stomach and waist.

Reactions: analogsa and ack

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
They are watching and protecting YOU? Do you have videos of these events? in this day and age, videos would be everywhere

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing