spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
A couple of weeks ago Tinka said she was going to host a dinner party, and if I would show her how to use the stereo in case any of her guests would like to listen to music on the big stereo (instead of just hearing music casually on the overhead).

Tinka took the start-up sequence and Jadis amplifier warm-up process instructions very seriously, and is now fully big stereo capable (on digital)!
Cue drinks glasses on the amps, chiffon scarves draped over the panels.
I've seen the film. And how it all ends in tragedy, lol.

Reactions: Lagonda

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Cue drinks glasses on the amps, chiffon scarves draped over the panels.
I've seen the film. And how it all ends in tragedy, lol.

maybe if they want some lights for the dancing they can switch the tubes on and off, on and off…

brad225

VIP/Donor
Nov 22, 2012
A couple of weeks ago Tinka said she was going to host a dinner party, and if I would show her how to use the stereo in case any of her guests would like to listen to music on the big stereo (instead of just hearing music casually on the overhead).

Tinka took the start-up sequence and Jadis amplifier warm-up process instructions very seriously, and is now fully big stereo capable (on digital)!
My wife will regularly have her tennis team/mass wine consuming gang over for dinner.

After often making them part of dinner I usually am hold up in my listening room coming out for more drink or bathroom. Once in a while a couple of them will venture up to hear a couple of songs but not regularly.

Last week I was listening at a moderate level and all I could hear is the happy laughter and howls of the gang down stairs.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Don't forget to tell Tinka and the guests not to stick their fingers in the tweeters, and to aim the champagne corks away from the goods. Maybe some electrified velvet rope guards there. Weaving guests with gooey hors d'oeuvres are hazards. Be sure to lock up the turntable room and/or have an undefeatable stylus guard. You have a dog, so all critical components are probably already above a poodle's general urine firing range.

A volume limiter on the preamp is advisable against the guests who get tipsy and want to dance to Led Zeppelin at concert volumes.

I still remember Steve William's buddy Grellman who had his little kid on a harnass tether in his listening room. The kid still managed to get to the big Rockport speakers and destroy some diaphragms, which had to be replaced.

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
watch the tennis coach/trainer :D
I see you have visited Beverly Hills already. Masseurs and golf pros and even hairdressers are feared seconds.

I don't think there's a pool, so the pool boys don't count.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing