Rowland 555

shakey

Mar 13, 2018
Does anyone have any info on this new class ab amp from Rowland? Any specs? There's a short YouTube video of the chassis construction.

David

Aug 11, 2012
Hello
This stereo Class AB amplifier was supposed to be introduced on the market since october last year ... but it seems that it has been delayed 2 times.
BTW, what is the problem at Jeff Rowland Group currently ?
I have heard that they have stopped to propose all these products :
1) Continuum integrated amp
2) 625 s2 stereo amp
3) 735 monos amps
and previously :
4) Corus preamp
They have also decided to stop 825 and 925 big monoblocs before all the above models ...
For 825 and 925 i can understand ... because it is very difficult to sell big & expensive amplifiers based on Class D technology (even if they are very good). The market is like that ...
But it is difficult to understand why they do not propose anymore all the above models.
The catalog become approx empty !!!
Very strange !
BR
David

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I really like my Jeff Rowlands 735s. I talked to Mr. Rowland several days ago about replacing my Corus preamp and he said, "the Corus's will be replaced soon." I wish I knew what "soon" meant? My concern is, what happens when Mr. Rowland decides to retire? If required, will I be able to get my current gear serviced?

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
In Europe, there is a few distributor of this brand.

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hello
This stereo Class AB amplifier was supposed to be introduced on the market since october last year ... but it seems that it has been delayed 2 times.
BTW, what is the problem at Jeff Rowland Group currently ?
I have heard that they have stopped to propose all these products :
1) Continuum integrated amp
2) 625 s2 stereo amp
3) 735 monos amps
and previously :
4) Corus preamp
They have also decided to stop 825 and 925 big monoblocs before all the above models ...
For 825 and 925 i can understand ... because it is very difficult to sell big & expensive amplifiers based on Class D technology (even if they are very good). The market is like that ...
But it is difficult to understand why they do not propose anymore all the above models.
The catalog become approx empty !!!
Very strange !
BR
David
I like my Jeff Rowland Corus and model 625 amplifier.
Jeff Rowland will not come to the High End of Munich this year.
In Europe, there are some rumours about this brand.
That's why distributor of this brand changed often or stopped to sell this brand...
What a pity!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
... what happens when Mr. Rowland decides to retire? If required, will I be able to get my current gear serviced?[text ommtted]
That's a good question. IME someone will take over or purchase the company and honor the warranty. Jeff has been around for awhile and I have never read any serious customer complaints.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
That's a good question. IME someone will take over or purchase the company and honor the warranty. Jeff has been around for awhile and I have never read any serious customer complaints.
I've owned different Rowland components for the past 10 years. His customer service is truly outstanding. He has helped me several times with connecting my subwoofers and trying to eliminate a ground loop issue with my HT when using the HT bypass on my Corus preamp.

Reactions: Gregadd

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
Hello,
as a long time JRDC fan living in Europe, I can say that there were some changes in distributor structures, but they were very busy and nice to the customers, and received a good support from Jeff himself.
The last Class D products with Pascal Class D equipment is far away from the earlier ICE-Power Class D units and sounds very good.
I had several preamps in the last 20 years with Consonance, Consummate with phono, Synergy II, Coherence II with Cadence phono, and I like them a lot, had 1-2 times some little issues and they were repaired for some very little ammount.
After all these satisfied years I bought the Daemon 2 years ago as maybe my last JR device and it is fantastic.

But i follow the news on the new 555 and hope it will appear on the market in the next months.
I don’t know why they have discontinued the Corus, as it was a phantastic preamp, notably with the PSU, and then with the Aeris. But all these 3 units are on the level of the Daemon, and you don’t need all those cables….

Reactions: Young Skywalker

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
I am about to receive mine in about a few weeks, my first Jeff Rowlands item, pretty excited.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
I've had my Rowland 925 amps for about 4 years - cannot fault anything with them, and they look amazing!
Never hot either....

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I've had my Rowland 925 amps for about 4 years - cannot fault anything with them, and they look amazing!
Never hot either....

Super system !

Very funny....Why ?

Please, see this post....

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
Mine arrive Monday I think, pretty excited.

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
The 555s came and they are quite amazing. More people need to know about the Rowland stuff. I feel the brand is under repped as a whole.

I just came back from Axpona 2024... my favorite rooms were Angies (Avante Garde), the Borreson X3 room (for the money it is amazing), and the large tall Grand Utopia was always fun to listen to, it was playing once per hour.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing