Sablon Ethernet - 2020 model

MRIguy

Nov 27, 2020
Greetings fellow Sablon-ians - I'm looking for some experience-based Sablon-related guidance please. My front-end is a Grimm MU-1 driving a Mola-Mola Tambaqui.

The Ethernet connection to the Grimm goes like this:
Modem --> Cisco/Meraki 220 Swich --> a "The Linear Solution" ethernet cable --> an Uptone Audio EtherRegen --> Sablon Ethernet cable --> Grimm MU-1-Black Cat Digit 110 --> Mola-Mola Tambaqui

Both the Cisco Switch and the EtherRegen are powered by a Sean Jacobs DC3 power supply, with two independent +12vdc supplies.

My quesiton is... should I:

A - Invest in a Sablon AES-EBU cable in place of the Black Cat
B - Replace the Linear Solution ethernet between the Cisco and the EtherRegen with (my second) a Sablon Ethernet cable?
C - Both A and B
D - Skip it and stay put

Thanks for your thoughts and time!

Last edited:

markramler

Sep 19, 2014
New York, NY
Greetings fellow Sablon-ians - I'm looking for some experience-based Sablon-related guidance please. My front-end is a Grimm MU-1 driving a Mola-Mola Tambaqui.

The Ethernet connection to the Grimm goes like this:
Modem --> Cisco/Meraki 220 Swich --> a "The Linear Solution" ethernet cable --> an Uptone Audio EtherRegen --> Sablon Ethernet cable --> Grimm MU-1

Both the Cisco Switch and the EtherRegen are powered by a Sean Jacobs DC3 power supply, with two independent +12vdc supplies.

My quesiton is... should I:

A - Invest in a Sablon AES-EBU cable in place of the Black Cat
B - Replace the Linear Solution ethernet between the Cisco and the EtherRegen with (my second) a Sablon Ethernet cable?
C - Skip it and stay put

Thanks for your thoughts and time!
I was using Sablon Ethernet from my switch to my server and than I decided to replace WW platinum 8 from the wall to my switch. I was surprised at how much of a discernible improvement there was in the sound. If you like the sound of Sablon ethernet cables you may want to try them to replace the Solution. I use Jorma AES/EBU and have no experience with Sablon or Black Cat.

TwinPeak

Sep 8, 2020
I bought my third Sablon LAN 2020 cable a little over a month ago. I don't use streaming, but play from Mac Mini (music storage + Audirvana).
The first Sablon LAN goes from Mini to a dual set of Uptone Audio EtherRegen audiophile switcher to opticalModule + opticalRendu. The other two Sablon LAN cables sit in between. With an unbroken chain of CAD8 Sablon LAN cables from source to network player, there are no more dropouts. Secondly, the "magic sauce" in the Sablon cables creates a synergy that lifts the musical impression many notches.

My recommendation: Do not mix the network with several brands or LAN cables with different speeds. Sablon LAN 2020 definitely gives the best possible audible result in a local network. Trust me; I have tried many cable brands of different qualities and speeds. :cool: Tom

Attachments

• My SetUp 2022-v38.pdf
    236.7 KB · Views: 34

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
Like Twinpeak,

i think this cable is a real bargain in the market : good sound, good price and excellent build quality.
This morning, with only 3 days of burning, it blow away a legato audio at 950 euros of my friend.
I finaly ordered too another’s ones for my pc and the switch( from switch to the wall).

Very good job Mark!
One day, I will test your XLR interconnect and AES.

Reactions: Sablon Audio

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
Mark makes excellent cables
Like Twinpeak,

i think this cable is a real bargain in the market : good sound, good price and excellent build quality.
This morning, with only 3 days of burning, it blow away a legato audio at 950 euros of my friend.
I finaly ordered too another’s ones for my pc and the switch( from switch to the wall).

Very good job Mark!
One day, I will test your XLR interconnect and AES.

Welcome to WBF Brabus,

Mark does indeed make excellent cables and they offer extremely good value to some of the comparative cables from other well know high end brands, I speak from experience, having bought and tried cables from Stealth Audio, SR amongst others, also an easy and very straight forward experience dealing with Mark.

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
Mark makes excellent cables

Welcome to WBF Brabus,

Mark does indeed make excellent cables and they offer extremely good value to some of the comparative cables from other well know high end brands, I speak from experience, having bought and tried cables from Stealth Audio, SR amongst others, also an easy and very straight forward experience dealing with Mark.
You’re Right ! Mark is also very easy to deal with.
Many thanks to WBF for the related threads about Sablon.

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
Just received 2 another’s Sablon Ethernet :

- a 2,5 meters for my PC (local files)
- a 2 meters from the wall to the switch

I ordered the 10/08/23 , I received them today ! (Customs delay included) so fast !!!

the cables are cooking now, I will listen to them tomorow.
I’m doing some restoration in my Guzzi during Holidays, so they can cook during that time.

Thank you Mark for begin so professional.
You remember me the Metronome audio customer service : fast and professional !

Attachments

• IMG_5318.jpeg
    IMG_5318.jpeg
    900.9 KB · Views: 31

MattSPL

Nov 3, 2018
I have a Sablon Ethernet 2020 on the way that I managed to find on the used market. Looking forward to trying it.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
The rear of the plug has a round locking barrel rather than the rectangular clip of the older cat6a plug. Most 2020 models have a directional arrow on the heatshrinks, though the earlier ones made during the pandemic lockdown period had to use the older reserva label shrink.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing