Sade

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We’ve been listening to a lot of CDs lately, particularly those be Sade. Very much enjoying Love Deluxe right now, the song “Mermaid” is outstanding.
889FC842-6DDB-43DB-BC04-EFDB8A341C96.jpeg

Reactions: bryans and thomask

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I wonder what could have been. You know if she chose jazz over R&B.

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
We’ve been listening to a lot of CDs lately, particularly those be Sade. Very much enjoying Love Deluxe right now, the song “Mermaid” is outstanding.
View attachment 102576

Amazing song and sonics. So good, she doesn't even have to sing.

Reactions: Gregadd

Scott Naylor

Mar 19, 2021
Yes, she has a distinctly beautiful voice and easy on the eyes as well. Sade might have followed in Julie London's footsteps had she done the jazz thing? Who knows?

We have Samara Joy to help assuage the what ifs on the jazz female vocal scene. She's remarkable!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
You make my point for me. Art vs fame and fortune? She might have not done better in Jazz. I know I would appreciate her more. What's that saying, "about the road not taken?"
Hmm, she sold over 75 Million records worldwide. Hard to believe she would have done better via jazz.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
You make my point for me. Art vs fame and fortune? She might have not done better in Jazz. I know I would appreciate her more. What's that saying, "about the road not taken?"
Everyone has their beliefs. Hard to knock someone with her acclaim and success. I believe her art brought her fame and fortune.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Everyone has their beliefs. Hard to knock someone with her acclaim and success. I believe her art brought her fame and fortune.
I think you misunderstand me. She pursued her dream and succeeded. As far as I am concerned, she is a "smooth operator."

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Yes, she has a distinctly beautiful voice and easy on the eyes as well. Sade might have followed in Julie London's footsteps had she done the jazz thing? Who knows?

We have Samara Joy to help assuage the what ifs on the jazz female vocal scene. She's remarkable!

Thanks for the tip. I’ve never heard Samara Joy until today. Awesome.

Reactions: Scott Naylor

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
Sade's sister, Leila Adu, is a jazz vocalist and musician. I have Dark Joan, one of her albums, and it's a hard listen.
Wow didn't know she had a sister let alone a singer. Will give it a listen. Thanks for the info.

Myles1972

Mar 4, 2022
Wow didn't know she had a sister let alone a singer. Will give it a listen. Thanks for the info.
Do you know what? When I picked Dark Joan up I had a look to see what her (Leila's) background was - I am convinced I had read she was Sade's sister but for the life of me I can't find any reference to it now.
I'd hate for you to repeat spurious info based on my 'recollection'!

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
Do you know what? When I picked Dark Joan up I had a look to see what her (Leila's) background was - I am convinced I had read she was Sade's sister but for the life of me I can't find any reference to it now.
I'd hate for you to repeat spurious info based on my 'recollection'!
Hey I'm all for finding new music. Sister or not I will queue up a few songs.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Myles1972

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
I view Sade and say Anita Baker, Will Downing as, for lack of a better term, crossover artists - R&B and the jazz sub-genre Smoothjazz. You'll find they get airplay under both.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audire and bryans

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing