Sakuma-san passed away

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
FYI sad news from the Goodsoundclub: "On Sunday, December 13, Mr. Sakuma who was hospitalized due to poor physical condition passed away. Wednesday, funeral Date and time Tuesday (18th) Wednesday from 18 o'clock Wednesday (19th) Farewell ceremony From 12:30 Place Tateyama shi Yamauchi Rokusaburo shop Tateyama funa "

R.I.P. Great Visionary!

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Sad indeed a visionary that maintained Mono was still a force!

RIP Sakuma San

BruceD

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I stay 3 days together with Sakuma when he came to Italy around 1988,my friend of shop Nonsolomusica wanted to be his distributor but was too difficult to comunicate with him
Sakuma arrived in shop with 5/6 friends and brought some mono amp,phono and pre to demonstrate us
He arrived with espadrille shoes much bigger than his foot and with a rope instead a belt for his trousers and a big grey wool pullover.
His friends connected the system,mono and we gave an Altec 19,all signal and speaker cable was the black/red cable of 50 cent each meter.
He didn't believe cable.
Sakuma was listening in the armchair in the middle of the room and his friend/cooperate people behind him sit on the floor and when he stand up all stand up and when he sit down all sit down like he was a God.
Was very funny but we were excited because after listening always Jadis, ARC,YBA,Spectral,ML,Rowland,Cello,we listened something very special.
The sound was amazing,very full,dynamic with big presence and we listen natural sound on voice of callas with a dynamic never listened.
He sold this product to my friend of the shop and after he back to Japan we never had news or contact with him.
I was not interested to buy because i was not ready for mono system

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Some his mono products

pre power amp 845 pp
300 B amp pp
211 pp pre power amp
845 drive stc 4212 amp

Attachments

• 845pmf.jpg
    845pmf.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 38
  • memory-1.JPG
    memory-1.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 38
  • fleet.JPG
    fleet.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 4212f.JPG
    4212f.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: marmota

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Gian, at Pietro's place I also heard the cross over less FAL speakers. He was driving them with audio tekne. I said, the audio tekne phono I compared was dark and colored. He said yes, the audio tekne products are that way, so he was driving them with Sakuma preamp. He told me both Kondo Sam and yamamura used to look up to Sakuma and considered him a genius. Sakuma developed a pre amp circuit that has been copied by many, Pietro has the one that Sakuma himself built. It has output of some 13w (may have heard that incorrectly) and can drive the speakers directly according to him.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Yes i listen many times from Pietro.
Audiotekne is dark sound but the last model,stereo 9801 and mono 9502 are very transparent,more than Kondo,are really incredible,
Sakuma has more energy but less refined in mid high than AT and Kondo,at least the model Pietro has

Reactions: bonzo75

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
"You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too many transformers in your audio device!"
Did Sakuma get mad if you bought two of his amplifiers to make stereo?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing