Sigma analog interconnects

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
Anyone try or use Sigma analog interconnects. I am considering upgrading my Yter RCA interconnect. I am also considering Audioquest Fire, Nordost Tyr2 and Tellurium Q Silver Diamond. Has anyone compared the Sigma IC to other brands?

medwardo

Nov 21, 2016
Seattle area
I've used the Sigma analog interconnects for the last several years; they were a replacement for some older Shunyata Anaconda interconnects, which I've moved to another system.

I've not compared the Sigma's to any other brands.

What I can say is that the Sigmas are awesome, transparent and organic. Much better bass than the older models and an uncanny ability to put the sound in the room, not at the speaker. I value musicality and no listening fatigue and these ICs delivered that.

Reactions: Indy

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
My system is cabled with Sigma analog interconnects. I've compared them wih Zitron Anaconda and several earlier Shunyata ICs. The move to Sigma yields a greater increment of improvement than some prior models. I have no reason to change. I suspect you'd have to go several levels up to top or higher models of the Audioquest or Nordost to have a reasonable comparison. No familiarity with Tellurium.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
The Alpha interconnect that I’m now using is quite a bit better than the Anaconda that I used previously. It was as if it had stepped out of the way of the music. The Sigma should be even better.

Ian B

Oct 19, 2020
I'm considering adding some Sigma or Alpha V2 interconnects to my system to do the "full loom" thing, but wondering if anybody had compared these (are more likely the previous generation) to Transparent, Siltech, Wireworld, etc?

My previous cables are Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 which are great for soundstage, but seem a tiny bit too dull and smooth. I would probably stick with them if I wasn't switching from RCA to XLR. I've been recommended Transparent, but in the cases I have heard them, including their Ultra Balanced headphone cable that I own, they seem quite rolled off in the top and bottom octaves. Shunyata has more reasonable prices, more quantifiable designs, and match the rest of my system, so I'm kind of hoping they are as good as the rest.

crion

Oct 29, 2014
Do a trial of the Sigma and Alpha V2 in your setup and see where you benefit most from the Sigma level. I think you will find the Shunyatas will let through a true and beautiful sound. For me the progressing to the full v2 loom is really an ear-opener. More of the goodness is coming through! :D

Ian B

Oct 19, 2020
Do a trial of the Sigma and Alpha V2 in your setup and see where you benefit most from the Sigma level. I think you will find the Shunyatas will let through a true and beautiful sound. For me the progressing to the full v2 loom is really an ear-opener. More of the goodness is coming through! :D
Thanks! I'm just waiting on the Cable Co to get back to me after the weekend and hopefully I can do some comparisons. I've got all Sigma V2 power cables and Denali V2.

Ian B

Oct 19, 2020
I've currently got the original Sigma XLRs that I got used for a great price and I am very happy with them. My last ICs were Transparent Reference, and honestly in my system these are a lot better: Faster, more detail, better layering, quieter. All this being the case, the Sigma V2 cables I borrowed last winter go way beyond in terms of detail, openness, speed and noise floor. They are (to me at least) mind blowing in their transparency, and where the V1 has a little midrange bloat, the V2's figurative belt is much tighter and is actually a little scooped in the midrange. I actually didn't have much experience with cables in that price range when I tried the V2, but now I can say it is an unusually fantastic cable with little hype. I would in fact own the V2s, where it not for the Omega cables rumored for this winter...So for now I'm making due with V1s and saving up.

Reactions: kennyb123

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing