Spatial music: a new genre?

godofwealth

Feb 8, 2022
Thought provoking article in TAS by composer and performer Laurie Anderson on a new genre of music enabled by technological advancements. Rather than summarizing the article, I’ll leave you to read it in its entirety.

I’ve felt that the next generations of creative musicians are going to increasingly use generative AI technology based on data mining hundreds of millions of albums. Perhaps spatial music and generative AI can be combined.

Reactions: wil

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
It looks a lot like the Road to Quad, Three Channel, Binaural, HT 5.1 to 11.x.y. etc.
People like the idea of acoustic holograms. It is even more exciting than hidden messages like “I buried Paul.”

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Thought provoking article in TAS by composer and performer Laurie Anderson on a new genre of music enabled by technological advancements. Rather than summarizing the article, I’ll leave you to read it in its entirety.

I’ve felt that the next generations of creative musicians are going to increasingly use generative AI technology based on data mining hundreds of millions of albums. Perhaps spatial music and generative AI can be combined.
Makes sense to me. I mean, if we’re gonna’ forever continue to ignore root causes in high-end audio, well… Doesn't that always open up a potential of alternative (and inferior) solutions generating more revenue while attempting to deal with the effects instead of the causes? Which seems to be the industry’s modus operandi anyway.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing