speaker cable recommendations for Joseph audio speakers

yuhengdu

Jun 24, 2016
I have a pair of Joseph Audio Perspectives2 floor standing speakers. I have yet to pick a pair of 8ft speaker cables for it. My budget is around 2k usd, 3k usd max for an used pair. My amp is wells audio innamorata signature. The rest of my set up can be found in my signature.
I cannot use speaker cables that have boxes (like Transparent, MIT, etc) due to space constraint. Now I am using a cheap pair of blue jeans 10 speaker cables. I have not tried many speaker cables before, so when I borrow my friend's taralabs 0.8 speaker cables the other day, I was blown away how it improves my system's overall performance. So I decided that I need a speaker cable upgrade. Thanks for any suggestions.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I have a pair of Joseph Audio Perspectives2 floor standing speakers. I have yet to pick a pair of 8ft speaker cables for it. My budget is around 2k usd, 3k usd max for an used pair. My amp is wells audio innamorata signature. The rest of my set up can be found in my signature.
I cannot use speaker cables that have boxes (like Transparent, MIT, etc) due to space constraint. Now I am using a cheap pair of blue jeans 10 speaker cables. I have not tried many speaker cables before, so when I borrow my friend's taralabs 0.8 speaker cables the other day, I was blown away how it improves my system's overall performance. So I decided that I need a speaker cable upgrade. Thanks for any suggestions.
Verastaar Grand Illusion - the copper foil version - not the silver conductor Signature or Statement version. Worked great with both my hyper resolving Merlin VSM's and the more musical Bache Metro 001's. See reviews at 6 Moons, Positive Feedback, and Dagogo. Look at Audiogn, Ebay, and USA Audiomart for a used pair.

Reactions: yuhengdu

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
If you are confident you will be buying new cable and believe in auditioning in your own system before making a final decision, the solution is easy. The Cable Company. A multitude of choices with a "borrow , send back if you don't like, try another" business model. They probably have every cable known to man from budget to the extravagant. If you go this route, you cannot get your initial money back but can use as credit towards your next choice(s) and eventually, a final purchase. Have fun.

Al Stewart

May 14, 2017
I have owned Perspective speakers (without the graphene). I currently own Joseph Audio Pearl 3 speakers. You should strongly consider Cardas Audio speaker cables. Joseph Audio uses Cardas wires in your speakers. Also, Jeff Joseph generally shows his speakers with a full Cardas loom, including when he showed the Perspective2s at AXPONA. You should be able to find a pair of used Cardas Clear speaker cables in your budget. They are also relatively easy to resell if you decide to move up to Cardas Clear Beyond (which are worth the price increase IMO--I have owned both Clear and Clear Beyond cables). BTW I used Blue Jeans cables on my Perspectives when I first got them. I can guarantee you will hear a huge positive impact by inserting Cardas Clear speaker cables with your Perspective2s.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Great recommend Al. If I were the OP, I'd certainly try that first.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Blown away by Tara? Sounds like love at first sight.

yuhengdu

Jun 24, 2016
Blown away by Tara? Sounds like love at first sight.
I have not heard any other brands of speaker cables in my system before so, yeah probably. Are you suggesting me to go for the tara, or look for other options? : )

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Exactly! Cables are often system dependent. If you find one that blows you away ,you have hit the jackpot. I always advise you should ate a little then get married. Six weeks maybe.
Wlcome to audiophile land. :D

yuhengdu

Jun 24, 2016
Exactly! Cables are often system dependent. If you find one that blows you away ,you have hit the jackpot. I always advise you should ate a little then get married. Six weeks maybe.
Wlcome to audiophile land. :D
Thanks. I would love to try things around before setting down on the speaker cable. I like used gears but it is very hard to resell used ones based on how slow they sell in general. Six weeks may be too short to try a few different used cables. Maybe enough if I go for The Cable Company route.

xdaggersoul

Jan 25, 2021
Singapore
I am using Kimber 12TC with my Pulsar. Sounds natural and smooth.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing