Spectral and YG Acoustics

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Hello,

New to the forum and a YG Carmel owner. Anyone ever hear this pairing in person?

I know Magico is more common with Spectral but, just looking for some feedback.

Interested in a faster and cleaner amplifier than my Pass and prefer American made audio.

Thanks

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hi there,

That's a pairing I've wondered about myself, as a YG fan (and dealer). Unfortunately, the Spectral are a little hard to come by...

One american made amp we've tried to incredible results are the D'Agostino Momentum (and the Classic Stereo too). We're receiving a pair of his new Progression monos any time now too...

YG uses D'Agostino at the factory, and Dan has 2 pairs of YGs over there as well, so it's been known to work :)

cheers,
alex

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Hi there,

That's a pairing I've wondered about myself, as a YG fan (and dealer). Unfortunately, the Spectral are a little hard to come by...

One american made amp we've tried to incredible results are the D'Agostino Momentum (and the Classic Stereo too). We're receiving a pair of his new Progression monos any time now too...

YG uses D'Agostino at the factory, and Dan has 2 pairs of YGs over there as well, so it's been known to work :)

cheers,
alex

Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I always thought of Wilson when I read about D'Agostino amps. Unfortunately, besides the Classic Stereo his stuff is out of my range. Plus is his stuff even considered a high bandwidth design?

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I always thought of Wilson when I read about D'Agostino amps. Unfortunately, besides the Classic Stereo his stuff is out of my range. Plus is his stuff even considered a high bandwidth design?

I guess it depends on what you consider high bandwidth.

"Fully complementary, balanced circuit topology using 1% metal-film resistors and 69 MHz output transistors allows ultra-low noise and bandwidth exceeding 200 kHz."

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
I used a Spectral 15 - 260 driving YG Carmel 1s and it sounded great!! I had this system for 2 1/2 years before I switched over to Magico. The Carmel has a lot more bass than people give it credit for when used with an amp like the 260. (Replaced my Oddessey Khartgo with the 260, and wow! Of course, should be better with the price differential). Imaging is spectacular with the Spectral. I would imagine one would get similar sound using larger YGs, BUT definitely listen before assuming. Would be an expensive assumption if wrong.
Hello,

New to the forum and a YG Carmel owner. Anyone ever hear this pairing in person?

I know Magico is more common with Spectral but, just looking for some feedback.

Interested in a faster and cleaner amplifier than my Pass and prefer American made audio.

Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing