Spectral vs Soulution vs FM Acoustics - anyone?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I have noticed that, while TAS proclaimed the new Spectral 360 Series II monos 'in a class of their own' a year ago in their nauseating list of awards issues, after exposure to Soulution they seem to have toned it down, claiming that they compete with the best at a fraction of the price, or something close to that.

I haven't yet heard the Soulution, but I have heard FM Acoustics in the past, and I thought back then that line of electronics truly was in a class of its own, and certainly Soulution has gained great respect and quite quickly.

From my perspective, the Spectrals offer an incredibly palpable and huge soundstage, surpassing what I've heard in the past from 211-based tube amps - a tube that I have great respect for, with incredible articulation. A fellow poster on another forum claimed his new Soulution amp driving YG Anat References was so much more articulate over his Burmester that he could now for the first time understand the words of a chorus - I had the opportunity to listen to his YG/Burmester but not with the new amp.

So has anyone out there compared all these amps??? I will certainly offer a mini review of mine in due time, as I've only had them for 2 months now. But I can tell you that, despite how passionate I am about the high end, I am equally "dispassionate" (as my favorite sales person would characterize me) when it comes to judging a system from a neutral, unemotional perspective, and not afraid to look at high end systems as mere approximations of varying degrees.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Can you share the set-up in either case, and perhaps more details on the sound?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing