Spectral's website

Oct 8, 2019
Not sure that is the case as the "SV" circuit design is relatively recent and using "SV" in a product name just signifies the product is based on that circuit, afaik. In any event, the 30SV has been out for a number of years without an externally recognized update, such as a mk II, and with all of the new amps and one CD player they have come out with in the meantime, one might suspect an update is in the works. Or, they could be working on the phono section and DAC :)

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
So the initial word is that the 500SV has some parts not available when the 500AR came out (the AR did feature the Super Veloce topology). Not sure if this results in sonic improvements, but time will tell. Really glad more folks will be able to experience these amps.

Oct 8, 2019
Agreed. These amps deserve more profile than they have received, and hopefully this is a regular production model that many folks will get the chance to hear. When I dropped them into my system, it may have been the biggest improvement I have ever heard from any single component. They replaced 400 RS monos, that already sounded pretty darn good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing