Spiral Grove Centroid vs Kuzma 4-Point (on GPA Monaco 2.0)

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Hi, the bottom of the arm is not tapered like the top of the arm. So I use a device like the GH acoustics pictured in thekongs post just above.

I do agree, a line would make it even easier.

Here's a pic:

View attachment 110434
Aah ok 'jfrech', if the bottom of the Kuzma tonearm arm is not tapered and perfectly horizontally straight then there is no issue with measuring if the tonearm arm is level or not to the platter.

No, Kuzma 4P is tapered on all sides. Otherwise azimuth adjustment would ruin all the parameters cause it turns the whole arm tube. Unfortunately @jfrech you tilted up your toneram.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
I use a laser on a microphone stand along with the acrylic gauge mentioned above.
I wonder how can you be sure tonearm and platter are parallel using this method cause the pictures you shared only approves that tonearms are manufactured straight not crooked. That doesn’t mean they’re also parallel to the platter which we are trying to achieve as a starting point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
No, Kuzma 4P is tapered on all sides. Otherwise azimuth adjustment would ruin all the parameters cause it turns the whole arm tube. Unfortunately @jfrech you tilted up your toneram.
Ooo wow. Thank god I haven't changed the VTA yet o_O . Thank you 'mtemur'.

Reactions: mtemur

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
I wonder how can you be sure tonearm and platter are parallel using this method cause the pictures you shared only approves that tonearms are manufactured straight not crooked. That doesn’t mean they’re also parallel to the platter which we are trying to achieve as a starting point.
Multilple iterations between laser mark/ platter./ arm and gauge.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Well. You are correct upon further examination....

Reactions: mtemur

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing