Steve's Photos-Hong Kong Audio Show 2016

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
So there you have it in a brief synopsis. I have never seen such a big show nor one that was so well attended.

I'm going to try and catch up with sleep and tomorrow i will post pictures and thoughts on some amazing systems I heard in the Philippines followed by another thread of our general goings on while in Hong Kong, Manila and Palawan so stay tuned for that.

Thread is now open

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I'm just knocked out. Terrific photos. You seemed like the proverbial kid in a candy store. Is anyone allowed to have that much fun?!!
But my guess is that the friendship renewals and private systems you can share were equally rewarding. Can't wait for the other shoe to drop.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Very cool Steve, thanks for posting! Was the giant AS tt working or just on static display?

david

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Indeed What a blast--thank you for posting the pics for us --Kudos!

BruceD

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi David

On day one there was no arm on it. We played hooky and went to Macau on day two. On day three, there was an arm on it but no cart. Go figure. I guess thant means it wasn't totally "static" :D but unless it played when we weren't around. it was totally silent.

Jack

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I'm just knocked out. Terrific photos. You seemed like the proverbial kid in a candy store. Is anyone allowed to have that much fun?!!
But my guess is that the friendship renewals and private systems you can share were equally rewarding. Can't wait for the other shoe to drop.

TBH, the Hong Kong show was a mere prelude to what I saw and heard in Manila. I have 100's of photos and need to cull them but many times the photos help me remember the complete system

Tomorrow I want to start a thread on the systems I heard in Manila, which frankly were some of the best and most unique that I have ever heard

JackD201
Jim's (jack's brother)
Philips's (jadis)
Jerry's (dafos)
Sam's (mullard88)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing