Suicide by Nail Gun Financial Executive 7 or 8 self inflicted wounds

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Suicide by Nail Gun Financial Executive 7 or 8 self inflicted wounds.
via the Denver Post:
"Richard Talley, 57, and the company he founded in 2001 were under investigation by state insurance regulators at the time of his death late Tuesday, an agency spokesman confirmed Thursday.
It was unclear how long the investigation had been ongoing or its primary focus.
A coroner's spokeswoman Thursday said Talley was found in his garage by a family member who called authorities. They said Talley died from seven or eight self-inflicted wounds from a nail gun fired into his torso and head.
Also unclear is whether Talley's suicide was related to the investigation by the Colorado Division of Insurance, which regulates title companies."

So now the death [financial thieves] by suicide total is 4: jumping deaths of 2 London bankers and a former-Fed economist in the US.

Now if these guys are leading by example, there is an extremely long list and the sleaze bags on the list are not getting the proper instructions.

zz.

Last edited:
Talk about doing things the hard way. :rolleyes:

Good comment!!!

I wonder about who owned the finger on the Nail Gun trigger.

zz.

It reminded me of the stage production Chicago when the girl said "she shot herself in the back 8 times"

He was actually trying to commit suicide using duct tape, but was unsuccessful until he used the nail gun to hold the duct tape in place.

Reminds me of the Lethal Weapon movie when Danny Glover killed the bad guys with a nail gun. "Nailed them both."

Nail guns do not fire unless there is pressure on the tip . It is a safety feature. So this guy would have to have the gun pressed hard against him. The only way I can think of him doing it is he would have to hold the gun and himself against a wall.
Al

Al, that depends on the type of nail gun. Some will fire straight into the air-at least the older ones did before OSHA and the Consumer Protection Agency became the scourges of product manufacturing..

Gary you are showing your age lol. Yes the old ones did and I am sure there are ways to defeat the new ones . But this begs me to wonder if he was pulling the trigger himself. This has all the makings of 48 hours episode that I will watch . Let's stay tuned for episode. I think we have all thought stupid things in our lifetimes. And I have read that the people who think don't do it. But it's mostly the spontaneous ones that actually do it. But I did Have a fellow contractor who attempted it 3 times while hanging was the final attempt .
When I got divorced some 16 years ago I walked away with nothing gave all I had in my lifetime. But I never thought for a moment of doing that.
Al

Suicide by Nail Gun Financial Executive 7 or 8 self inflicted wounds.
via the Denver Post:
"Richard Talley, 57, and the company he founded in 2001 were under investigation by state insurance regulators at the time of his death late Tuesday, an agency spokesman confirmed Thursday.
It was unclear how long the investigation had been ongoing or its primary focus.
A coroner's spokeswoman Thursday said Talley was found in his garage by a family member who called authorities. They said Talley died from seven or eight self-inflicted wounds from a nail gun fired into his torso and head.
Also unclear is whether Talley's suicide was related to the investigation by the Colorado Division of Insurance, which regulates title companies."

So now the death [financial thieves] by suicide total is 4: jumping deaths of 2 London bankers and a former-Fed economist in the US.

Now if these guys are leading by example, there is an extremely long list and the sleaze bags on the list are not getting the proper instructions.

zz.

I'm sure a few would even chip in.

It reminded me of the stage production Chicago when the girl said "she shot herself in the back 8 times"

heh, this article reminds me of the "suicide" of an UN arms watchdog member while at one of the UN main offices; for some reason the person decided to commit "suicide" by throwing himself down the middle of the stairwell....

Cheers
Orb

I really don't wish the financial industry criminals who nearly wrecked the world economy in 2008 this kind of hopeless, suicidal despair. I wish them the kind of hopeless, suicidal despair that comes from knowing you'll be behind bars until you're too old to really appreciate what you stole.

Tim

Hating those people is really just us being imbittered with our lives. At least it's my view. When we were young most of us given the oppertinunty to learn and do what they did we would have. But as we get older and more aware of what life is and how short it really is makes us think differently. Before 2008 I was on on the road to retire already, but that sure put a stop to it quick. But if it wasn't for the fast increase in realastate I would not have been able to think of retirement. So in the end I was planning at the time to benifit from the economy. I staed earlier I had over 60 people working and that went down to 8 and I had a full time job as a worker for another country while running mine just make some money. But while times were good I did make some good investments and enjoyed my life like never before. Now I am willing to admit to this lets see if there is any others that come to the table now.

Al

I had a full time job as a worker for another country while running mine just make some money.
Al

You are a Very, Very, Very Hard Worker - you wrote "while running mine".
??? What country do you own??? ;)

I hope you understand my Very Dry Humor!

Best to you ,
zz.

Yes it was funny. My point was to give some people hope to
Fix or not give up on there dreams. I am 57
Now that's young but it does not feel that way sometimes
But my mom is 96. So maybe I really is. And keep in mind my son is only 7

Al

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing