Synergistic Research Tranquility Pod

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Interested in the experiences of anyone who has tried the Synergistic Research Tranquility Pod on or under a source, power conditioner, amplifier or other component.

I've used the passive EMI/RF absorbing Quantum Physics Noise Disruptors on components for many years with good results and am wondering if the Synergistic "Pod" does a significantly better job. Links to reviews of both below:

Kippyy

Feb 20, 2011
San Ramon, CA
Interested in the experiences of anyone who has tried the Synergistic Research Tranquility Pod on or under a source, power conditioner, amplifier or other component.

I've used the passive EMI/RF absorbing Quantum Physics Noise Disruptors on components for many years with good results and am wondering if the Synergistic "Pod" does a significantly better job. Links to reviews of both below:

I have the Tranquility base under my source components (Mac Mini, + hard drives) and have been very pleased.

Musicman

May 30, 2021
New Mexico
I had one of the very first Tranquility Base prototypes and it impressed right off but later trading it in for the UEF Tranquility Base which sits under my phono preamp to great effect. Yes they work as claimed but I think it is more of a final voicing product when one has addressed other more important aspect such as room acoustics.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I have the Tranquility base under my source components (Mac Mini, + hard drives) and have been very pleased.
Same here. Use one under the digital stack.

MOON

Feb 29, 2020
I have 3 Tranquilty pods now. My dealer loaned me each one to try out. I put the 1st one on my pre amp. Once installed it wasn't going back to the dealer. Since I had great results with the 1 st one I tried a second one on my amp and lastly my pnono stage.

What these pods bring to the table sound wise is extraordinary. Increased soundstsge and detail is spectacular. Detail you didn't hear before is now apparent. These bar non are one of the best things I have ever bought audio related.

Reactions: kennyb123

MOON

Feb 29, 2020
I recently tried a Synergistic lps power supply for the tranquility pods for a free in home evaluation and could just send it back if I wasn't happy with it. I evaluated this during August where you would also get a free Tranquility Pod with the purchase of the power supply.

The addition of the power supply was substantial sound wise. I did buy it due to the upgrade in sound. Previous to this I had added a forth Tranquility Pod once again on the free in home evaluation.

So now I have 5 pods in the system, the 5th one being the free pod. My friend has 6 Tranquility pods as well as buying the Tranquility LPS after hearing it in his system on the try before you buy.

I would agree with Musicman that once you get your system the way you want then try out the tranquility pods.

Last edited:

Mendel

Feb 13, 2012
GTA
My dealer loaned me 2 Tranquility Pod and some MiG 2 footers to try out. I have a pod on top of my Coincident tube phono preamp and one under my Rogue amp. The improvement they have made is very obvious and most worthwhile. A bigger improvement than any cable change or tube swap has made for me. Best tweak ever. They are not going back to the dealer that’s for sure!
I don’t know how these work but they do.
Most dealers are happy to loan them out for trial as I believe Synergistic encourages this. Highly recommended.

Reactions: kennyb123

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing