T.H.E. Show Newport 2014-Who's Going

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
You did. I'm not so sure she knows unless she has been in contact with you.

Sent her a PM telling her that there's a seat for her if she hasn't already arranged something else. Looks like we will have ample seats to go to your place! I'm looking forward to it.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I would like to suggest a start time of 7:00 but with the number who replied and the size of my room and my wanting to be cordial with everyone perhaps the first group at 7:00 for a listen and the second group at 8:00

I am going to provide light snacks and beer, wine and soda

So here we go

I know Gary Koh is one driver. Who else is driving and how many are you bringing? Once I know this I can suggest which group to come when. Certainly you are all welcome earlier but I would feel remiss in my host duties if I am in the room and others are waiting outside.

Once the drivers are known I will put your names in at the gate and please PM me for my address and simple instructions to my house. I think that there are 4 cars

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Hi Steve,

I'm driving...four total (only 3 listeners -- Sonny will probably hang out with Cathy, if she's available).

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
"Once the drivers are known..."

Two Faital Pro 6" woofers, two SB Acoustics 6" woofers, one Celestion polymer-diaphragm compression driver, four Vifa 1" soft dome tweeters.

Oh, sorry... I thought you meant...

Seriously, that is very kind of you to open your home and listening room to people you only know from this forum. Alas I'll be there in spirit only (my spirit will be in two wooden boxes in Room 920), but I really wish I could be there in body to meet you and everyone else.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Steve,

If it's not too late (or packed!) count me in too! I'll be driving too, so if anybody needs a lift, let me know...

alexandre

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Thanks, Steve, always a pleasure!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Guys

This is going to be a full house so if everyone wants to get here around 7:00 for light snacks and refreshments and then I'll take small groups upstairs for some listening while my wife and Sam's wife keep you company

Have I missed any drivers as this is what I have so far
Gary Koh
c1ferrari
DaveyF
Mark Seaton
KeithR
Asiufy

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
Guys

This is going to be a full house so if everyone wants to get here around 7:00 for light snacks and refreshments and then I'll take small groups upstairs for some listening while my wife and Sam's wife keep you company

Have I missed any drivers as this is what I have so far
Gary Koh
c1ferrari
DaveyF
Mark Seaton
KeithR
Asiufy

If anyone still needs a ride, I can fit 2 more in the car. Please be sure to PM me if you need a ride as I'll be quite busy between now and Friday evening.

PS. Steve, in case you copy-paste to give the names for the gate, you have a type-o there. ;)

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Hi Steve. I was trying really hard to make it down there, visit my son and come over. I had planned to bring my notebook computer, DAC and about 3-4 TB of DSD files. Now it looks like I will be headed to Isla Vista instead.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing