TAS visits Shunyata Research!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Robert Harley, Charles Kinder, and I were in Poulsbo, WA recently to film a factory tour and interviews at Shunyata’s beautiful facility in the scenic PNW. I brought along my Leica Q2 and took some photos as a teaser for the upcoming video on our YouTube channel. Take a look!

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I once had the privilege of hosting Caelin at my home to listen to my system. Nervous to say the least but he was very complementary and fascinating to spend time with

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Those Omega speaker cables look insane!
I just put in an Omega interconnect into my system. Lots of break-in still needed but it sounds amazing. Connecting Rossini to preamp.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Nice photos Lee. Caelin and Grant have a great story to tell about building a very successful business. Look forward to your video.
I was very impressed by the facility and the sheer intelligence of Caelin and Grant both.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
And here is Charles’ excellent video.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Fabulous video makes me very proud to be Shunyata’s UK distributor. Brilliant work by the TAS team!

Reactions: oldmustang and Lee

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Great video @Lee and team at TAS. I have to say I've enjoyed every video so far, this Shunyata one is special to me as being a longtime customer of their products.

Great people and great products at Shunyata.

If the upcoming Omega speaker and interconnect cables beat the AQ Dragon in both lower price and performance. Perhaps Robert Harley will be writing a review in upcoming TAS. If so, looking forward to the read.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Great video @Lee and team at TAS. I have to say I've enjoyed every video so far, this Shunyata one is special to me as being a longtime customer of their products.

If the upcoming Omega speaker and interconnect cables beat the AQ Dragon in both lower price and performance. Perhaps Robert Harley will be writing a review in upcoming TAS. If so, looking forward to the read.
I have the Omega digital cables and one interconnect…color me impressed! SR is sending more signal cables so a video review may open as well…

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Any date foreseen for the launch of the Omega signal cables? I still keep my old Orion - Antares loom for a secondary system. In fact they helped me to convert some cable skeptics to our cable addiction - comparing them to Kimber 6036- 3036 looms was an interesting game - both great cables, but the one of the best examples of night and day differences in this hobby!

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Any date foreseen for the launch of the Omega signal cables? I still keep my old Orion - Antares loom for a secondary system. In fact they helped me to convert some cable skeptics to our cable addiction - comparing them to Kimber 6036- 3036 looms was an interesting game - both great cables, but the one of the best examples of night and day differences in this hobby!

Probably early in 2023. If I were to guess, but I’m just an end user have no industry affiliation.

From the video it looks like the Omega speaker cables have 2 massive ”cylinders” on them. Plus that exclusive and unique cable riser system which I’m sure will be included.

Very interesting time in terms of cable technology. Shunyata was once just only known for their power products, but has made some pretty incredible signal cables as of recent.

If history is an indication, I’m guessing Omega will beat the competition on price to performance ratio. I’m sure it will compared to the likes of Odin 2, Dragon, Magnum Opus etc… but, come it at at more “accessible” price relative to those flagships from other brands.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Probably early in 2023. If I were to guess, but I’m just an end user have no industry affiliation.

From the video it looks like the Omega speaker cables have 2 massive ”cylinders” on them. Plus that exclusive and unique cable riser system which I’m sure will be included.

Very interesting time in terms of cable technology. Shunyata was once just only known for their power products, but has made some pretty incredible signal cables as of recent.

If history is an indication, I’m guessing Omega will beat the competition on price to performance ratio. I’m sure it will compared to the likes of Odin 2, Dragon, Magnum Opus etc… but, come it at at more “accessible” price relative to those flagships from other brands.
I believe Q1 2023 is likely but I don’t have any official dates.

Neilbo75

Jan 1, 2023
At the risk of raising a stink, here is an extract from my newbie comment posted the other day on the thread comparing Equi=Tech and PS power conditioners:

As I started my retirement project of finally building a good hifi system, I learned how much things had changed from when I first got interested back in high school in the mid-1970s. In those dark ages, people just hooked up machines to wall outlets and Radio Shack provided the cable.The good news back then, however, was that magazine reviews were critical endeavors using laboratory tests to check manufactuers claims. Unfortunately, that rigor seems to have gone out of style. Magazines such as the Absolute Sound pander to their advertisers. Shumyata stands atop Mount Everest even if the their power conditioners seem to ignorant me to be little more than overpriced shunts to ferrite sand.

First, I apologize for mispelling Shunyata. I should also add there is nothing wrong per se with shunting. In that regard, the new Shunyata ground shunting system (intelligently reviewed in TAS and discussed in another thread) looks to be a major advance in the war against noise. That grounding system -- including cables -- starts at considerably less cost than the higher towers of no power.

Some will opt for the brass ring version featuring a unique cabling topology of braided mysterium and asymetrical unobtainium. Sarcasm aside, why not sell what the market will bear? It's good business and the profits can support the high end audio press we need.

I should be less snide and more grateful.

Neil

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing