Technics 1200 help.

rnutt95

Nov 17, 2018
Just picked up a pair of audio technics1200 from my parents attic, planning on selling one and using the other one for general listening. Real new to high quality turntables (have like a £30 player with built in speakers I've used for a while so anything from here is a big improvement).

I see the easiest way of doing this would be to buy an integrated amplifier and a set of passive speakers. I'm gonna use the money from selling one of them to go towards this, and I've read that the Onkyo A-9010 is fairly decent for its price? Is there any reason i shouldn't get this one and a pair of speakers, or should a pre amp and a normal amp instead? As i said anything from here is an improvement from what I've been listening to in the past:)

Cheers.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi rnutt,

Just grab an integrated with a built in MM phono input, as I am assuming you will be using an MM cart, add a pair of speakers and enjoy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing