Tesla Optimus Robot to Play Records for Us?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Vinyl record playing audiophiles may be able to be even more sedentary in the future!

Would you buy a robot to operate your stereo, when it's not putting away groceries or doing your laundry or teaching French to your kid?

No longer would we be concerned about a line stage pre-amplifier that doesn't come with a remote control.

Vinyl record playing audiophiles may be able to be even more sedentary in the future!

I've been playing records since I was 6 years old. Dad taught me early on how to cue a record and how to take care of records.

I'm acclimated to playing records & tape, tuning into a radio station , adjusting the volume on my preamp ECT, so it was never a issue for me.
I have a remote for my new CD player but only use the play button. My tuners are all analog variety so manual tuning is required.

Those that heavily rely upon a remote to operate their system may be more inclined to buy a robot to operate their system. I personally would never consider the purchase of a robot for any purpose.

No doubt robots will evolve to becoming companions to humans at some point( think Wifelike).

Just my opinions.

Last edited:
Of course Tesla would have to offer an Audiophile Edition Optimus robot,* with sound-absorbing material over those reflective metal parts, and an optional linear power supply to avoid any switch-mode power supply EMI.

*Credit to Marc Meisner

Tesla bots are for when you get so old you can't function even vaguely reasonably.

So save up...:)

With current tech a Tesla bot has zero chance of doing a good cartridge alignment job.

Elon is a decent dude but he isn't responsible for what Tesla has achieved. The employees are. Possibly because they believe in him.

Us humans are an odd bunch. We believe far too much in what media presents us with. We have a real temptation to over rate certain humans as a result.

I like Elon a lot. But the point is made.

Last edited:
With current tech a Tesla bot has zero chance of doing a good cartridge alignment job.

Elon is a decent dude but he isn't responsible for what Tesla has achieved. The employees are. Possibly because they believe in him.

Us humans are an odd bunch. We believe far to much in what media presents is with. We have a real temptation to over rate certain humans as a result.

I like Elon a lot. But the point is made.
Off course he is responsible as the manager setting out the big lines .
A good manager makes people wanna work for him.
Look at space X what those guys do in texas is amazing

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu