The Blues Music thread | Strictly Blues ?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It's funny to see him walking slowly near/among the people/aging audience and followed by couple security guards in case he falls and hurt himself on a stair or cement floor or carpet ... @ his age.
He's the the presiding Blues legend. :cool: He's the Jimi Hendrix bluesman.

And yes, the venue is not like a premium acoustic classical concert hall.
It's Blues man; it comes with the territory...Mississippi and raw...the Delta, and Texas.

Reactions: AZWink

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
It's funny to see him walking slowly near/among the people/aging audience and followed by couple security guards in case he falls and hurt himself on a stair or cement floor or carpet ... @ his age.
He's the the presiding Blues legend. :cool: He's the Jimi Hendrix bluesman.

And yes, the venue is not like a premium acoustic classical concert hall.
It's Blues man; it comes with the territory...Mississippi and raw...the Delta, and Texas.

Bob any concert at the now defunct Universal Amphitheater (now a Harry Potter ride) was always a premium audio experience regardless of genre. Never needed ear plugs and could always hear everything, much to the chagrin of a few Metal Heads.

AZWink

Jan 10, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
It's true, he's one of the few remaining from the Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, BB King era. That's why he try's to bring the young talent along to keep the blues alive. It's a very small community of talented artist that just love to play for the fans at small intimate venues.

So cool.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yes Mike, the Blues can sound very audiophile in premium venues.
I was only commenting from what you and AZ experienced in that particular venue, plus the two short videos you shot. But it isn't about audiophile blues sound here, it's about the legend Buddy Guy live, up close and personal. Blues is more intimate than say large rock music concerts (stadiums and arenas, etc.) or operas and choral music in large cathedrals and concert halls.
Blues is more in alleys, jazz clubs, smaller dancing venues.

Buddy Guy is always smiling and happy, he has a great persona with tremendous charisma.
He's the full talented package; persona, guitar playing, voice singing, smooth moves.

You guys assisted to a great blues legend; a big part of my music repertoire. :cool:
And thinking of Ron (big Ronnie Earl's fan, me too) and Davey ...

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy and AZWink

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I also saw this guy on that above list ...

This is audiophile music record label (Reference Recordings).
And Doug had a big blues impact in my life when I first discovered him a quarter century ago on AudioQuest Music record label (1994). Today I'm one of his biggest blues music fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hi-FiGuy and AZWink

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Heart & Soul artist management
[HDCD]

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Yes Mike, the Blues can sound very audiophile in premium venues.
I was only commenting from what you and AZ experienced in that particular venue, plus the two short videos you shot. But it isn't about audiophile blues sound here, it's about the legend Buddy Guy live, up close and personal. Blues is more intimate than say large rock music concerts (stadiums and arenas, etc.) or operas and choral music in large cathedrals and concert halls.
Blues is more in alleys, jazz clubs, smaller dancing venues.

Buddy Guy is always smiling and happy, he has a great persona with tremendous charisma.
He's the full talented package; persona, guitar playing, voice singing, smooth moves.

You guys assisted to a great blues legend; a big part of my music repertoire. :cool:
And thinking of Ron (big Ronnie Earl's fan, me too) and Davey ...

LOL! Concert footage of OK sound recorded on a cell phone with the microphone pointed at the floor between people and folding chairs...bout as raw as it gets! :eek::D

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I also saw this guy on that above list ...

This is audiophile music record label (Reference Recordings).
And Doug had a big blues impact in my life when I first discovered him a quarter century ago on AudioQuest Music record label (1994). Today I'm one of his biggest blues music fans.
love me some steel guitar!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing