The Dark Knight Rises - Trailer

This morning I read that rottentomatoes.com has removed all the comments from members regarding this film! :eek:

It brought a shockwave of nasty comments towards some of the reviewers (at least three of them) with negative overall rating on 'The Dark Knight Rises'. Rottentomatoes.com website's staff simply couldn't handle the deluge of so many 'almost dangerous' comments.
...First time ever in the history of their website!

* By the way, in the thread's title it should be Rises instead of Arises. ;)

Last edited:
Reading a bad review might 'cloud' my judgement or diminish my enjoyment of the movie so I'll just NOT read them reviews before I watch. Movies can be subjective too and one person's heaven may be another's poison - just like in audio. :D I'm easily entertained when I watch blockbuster movies and I enter the theatre with such mindset. :)

---Phil, I edited my above post (*). :b

Thanks for the heads-up, Bob. Unfortunately, I don't know how to edit the subject title. :)

I took care of editing the title. ;)

Lee

Thanks so much, Lee.

Last time I tried to edit my subject, I ended up posting the texts twice. :D

sad news indeed.

Sad news, and old news.

--- It is truly tragic the Colorado news this morning!
My heart and thoughts go to all the victim's families.

So how many mass shootings do we need to see in the United States of America until the ridiculous
notion that being able to buy, own, and carry a gun are some god given right? This has happened
over and over and over and over and over again.

Check the gun laws in Colorado and you will see all you need to see. NO permit, NO license, and
no background check worth a damn.

When are the lunatics who run the GOP going to stop being the extension of the NRA?

When will we enter the 21st century?

I send out my deepest sympathy to the families.

We have to stop pretending we are a civilized society. We are not. Check the gun homicide rates in the USA and compare
them to other countries. We are only behind Colombia, El Salvador, Honduras, and a few other third world nations. Enough already.

---Today I feel deep sorrow, and I am reflecting deep deep deep down into the soul of America, the soul of the entire World!

I got nothing else to say right now.

So how many mass shootings do we need to see in the United States of America until the ridiculous
notion that being able to buy, own, and carry a gun are some god given right? This has happened
over and over and over and over and over again.

Check the gun laws in Colorado and you will see all you need to see. NO permit, NO license, and
no background check worth a damn.

When are the lunatics who run the GOP going to stop being the extension of the NRA?

When will we enter the 21st century?

I send out my deepest sympathy to the families.

We have to stop pretending we are a civilized society. We are not. Check the gun homicide rates in the USA and compare
them to other countries. We are only behind Colombia, El Salvador, Honduras, and a few other third world nations. Enough already.

+1

Guys, discussing gun ownership is pretty close to discussing religion. It never ends well :). I know we are all frustrated and saddened by what has happened. Discussing the gun laws here is not going to help much in that regard. So let's not dig deeper there.

On a personal note, I had dinner with Warner Bros studio execs last night in LA. They had such incredible hopes for this movie only to wake up to this news. It is amazing what fate deals you in this life!

---Amir,

I understand what you said. And of course this is General Cinema Discussion thread, and we are among some very intelligent people ...

But comes a time in life, like now, I believe, where people have to speak their heart for better peace in our world. And to not speak out is to encourage more acts like this one from very early this morning. IMHO

If the gun's laws haven't changed in America it is because of some very specific reasons.
But it ain't just about guns; it goes much deeper into the very heart of America, and the whole world today.
[ ...................................... This space here would have some serious reflections on this entire 'guns deals' in the world, ........................... and not just in America. ..............................]

This movie; 'The Dark Knight Rises', just the title, for some people, young ones, even bright people, could be totally misinterpreted as their own life's direction! ...In America many people don't see the difference between fiction (Hollywood) and reality. I think.

The films that are showing in our cinemas are caricatures; hero cartoons. They are the ones that are making big money, for the last 10 years or so. The shows that are showing on TVs and making big money are faked so called "reality TV".
And many many many more very bad shows. And I'm not even talking about all the violence in video games!

TV and Cinema are huge forms of education. They are some of the most powerful tools used by some of the highest ranked people in our societies. 'High ranked' in the ladder of greed, corruption, false advertising, profit, deception, fraud, even crime!
The good stuff like the Knowledge Network, National Geographic, and other smart and educative and beneficial studies for the viewers, and the musical live events too, like Classical Operas, are viewed by a much smaller segment of the viewing societies, I strongly believe, and I am ready to bet big number on that.

Now, you can oppose to what I just said; it's your right.
And you can also express your own viewpoint on the latest events regarding this movie, 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

Because, you see Amir, that young bright 24 years old student in Neuroscience, was acting like the 'Joker' from the Batman movies! ...The more we learn the more that what we think is not related, is!

Do we have to be stuck with banality in life, or can we try to make a difference for the best?
I take full responsability myself.

Highest regards,
Bob

P.S. Personally, I will see this flick big time when released on Blu,
because I love the latest Batman franchise from Chris Nolan.
And I bet it looks awesome on a big IMAX screen.
{But ouf! my heart is so broken right now; all these people dead, and the seriously injured.}

Last edited:
Bob, if someone confuses a movie with reality, then they are not thinking rationally. If they are not thinking rationally, then all bets are off regarding their actions. So one cannot look to the movie then being the cause.

---A new day today; very quiet, very intimate ...

A lot of things are happening, a lot is going on on the Internet (Facebook, Tweeter, ...).
Many discussions on Guns, Movie Theaters, Batman, Catwoman, Christian Bale, Chris Nolan,
Warner Bros, and America in general (Columbine Colorado, Texas shooting, schools, army, US president, ...).

It seems that everyone's having an opinion or two ... Many are talking ...

---Ok Steve, and Amir. :b ...I'll put my emotions aside.

* Overall the movie has a great rating; 87% or so over at rottentomatoes.
And of course those great trailers help to invite people in going to see it.
- Trailers are an important part of the overall revenues.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing