The Devil's Trill

pweg

Jun 7, 2014
Australia
Hi all

i was wondering if i could ask the community if there were any really good versions of The Devil's Trill i should seek out?

I'm currently listening to this version which i love.

Oistrakh.JPG

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
The brilliant young Japanese violinist Tatsuki Narita has the Tartini Devil's Trill on a very fine album, only available on tape, through UltraAnalogue tapes in Canada. The tape (15ips 2 track) is amazing sounding and also includes Kreisler Prelude and Allegro and the Sarasate Carmen Fantasy. The pianist is Yun-Yang Lee. Highly recommended if you have the ability to play 15ips 2 track tape.

Larry

pweg

Jun 7, 2014
Australia
The brilliant young Japanese violinist Tatsuki Narita has the Tartini Devil's Trill on a very fine album, only available on tape, through UltraAnalogue tapes in Canada. The tape (15ips 2 track) is amazing sounding and also includes Kreisler Prelude and Allegro and the Sarasate Carmen Fantasy. The pianist is Yun-Yang Lee. Highly recommended if you have the ability to play 15ips 2 track tape.

Larry
thx Larry

at this stage, no tape :(

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Hi all

i was wondering if i could ask the community if there were any really good versions of The Devil's Trill i should seek out?

I'm currently listening to this version which i love.

View attachment 51268
Interesingly, I came across your post on the Devil's Trill... I'm happy to tell you I've just released the tape Larry's talking about on Digital Download along with Tatsuki's 24 Paganini Caprices recordings...

In 2016 he played a live concert of the 24 Caprices of Paganini... with 2 intermissions, it was an unbelievable feat, never played in a live concert...

That video us here:

. He's playing gut strings in these recordings, true to Paganini's time...

We also made a "studio" recording of the 24 Caprices, which has a slightly softer, more musical sound...it is these studio recordings in the downloads.

The 4 downloads are:
1) Paganini Caprices No.1-8
2) Paganini Caprices No.9-18
3) Paganini Caprices No.19-24, Sarasate - Habanera
4) Violin Favourites: Kreisler - Prelude & Allegro, Tartini - Devil's Trill, Sarasate - Carmen Fantasy

Violin Favourites was also played on gut strings... amazing performances!

Please have a look: https://ultraanaloguerecordings.com/new/shop-digital-downloads/

Ed

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing