The ***Official*** Progressive Rock Thread

Now Playing:
This Winter Machine- The Clockwork Man

a2936829033_10.jpg

Reactions: MRubey
Now Playing:
Agitation Free- Momentum
(Psych/Prog/Krautrock, Germany 11/2023 release)

Momentumcover-1536x1536.jpeg

Santa dropped off the new Analog Productions 45rpm Selling England By The. Pound and The Lamb. Can’t wait to find time to dive into these.
Steve Hackett’s Genesis tribute band is bringing their current show: Foxtrot at Fifty to Austin in April. Great times for fans of old Genesis.

Reactions: rDin
Now Playing:
Solar Tide- A Small Piece Of Time

a0067437290_10.jpg

So I hope you’ve all enjoyed a great Christmas holiday and are looking forward to the new year to come. I’m spending the evening digging into a small stack of Xmas gift CD’s!

AVKRVST- The Approbation
Dave Kerzner- Heart Land Mines Vol 1 and The Traveler
Hackberry- Breathing Space
Karfagen- Echoes From Within Dragon Island
Steven Wilson- The Raven That Refused To Sing, The Harmony Codex and The Future Bites
The Ancestry Program- Mysticeti Ambassadors Pt 1
This Winter Machine- The Clockwork Man and Kites
Soft Machine- Third, Fourth, Six, Seven, Land Of Cocayne, Hidden Details and Other Doors

This should keep me busy in between new release which I’m thankful for as things get kind of slow around new year. All good stuff above mostly from 2023, this was a great year for new music and I’m glad to see things moving away from the slump that was the Covid days!
This batch of Soft Machine almost closes out the missing studio albums I had long forgotten about hearing this years “Other Doors” reminded me that this is really creative stuff and shouldn’t be ignored.

Now Playing:

Lumsk- Fremmede Toner

(Awesome new Prog/Folk Rock from Norway)

61ocoujv47l._ux500_fmwebp_ql85_.png

Reactions: sigbergaudio
Now Playing:
Overhead- Telepathic Minds

a1631550685_10.jpg

Going with an old favorite this evening

Now Playing:
Porcupine Tree- Stupid Dream

porcupine-tree-stupid-dream-20140906203406.jpg

Camel.jpg

First play on my just-installed fourth tonearm (an SME IV with a Kontrapunkt C re-tipped by Steve Leung).

Reactions: HungarianPal
Now Playing:
Rubber Tea- From A Fading World

a2180434847_10.jpg

Now Playing:
Sonar- Three Movements

a3243878512_10.jpg

Remixes by Steven Wilson; five albums, 26 songs 4 hours 2 minutes and 53 seconds of music.

The Yes Album, Fragile, Close to the Edge, Tales of Topographic Oceans, and Relayer.

For me it is akin to hearing these records for the first time. I'm listening to 24bit 96kHz FLAC downloads.

screenshot-2024-01-10-at-11-38-12%E2%80%AFpm-png.123215
Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 11.38.12?PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Designsfx
Now Playing:
The Empty Space Between A Seamount And Shock Headed Julia

IMG_0709.jpeg

Now Playing:
Dave Kerzner- The Traveler Singles

0029697555_10.jpg

If you love virtuoso guitarist you’ll like this- new progressive metal release for 2024
Now Playing:
Rabea Massaad- Grinding Gears Vol.4

a0508095462_10.jpg

Reactions: mxk116
Now Playing:
Ions- Counterintuitive

a4260568285_10.jpg

Now Playing:
Ellesmere- Stranger Skies

a0237961510_10.jpg

Now Playing:
Loop Zilla- Ouroboros

a3615424422_10.jpg

Now Playing:
Sonar- Tranceportation Vol. 2

a1056255440_10.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing