The Statement questions

neac1976

Jun 23, 2018
I just purchased The Statement from Innuos. I am now looking at The Phoenix Net switch.
1, Does anyone have an opinion about adding The Switch to The Statement? Will it make an appreciable difference?
2. Do I connect The Switch via an ethernet switch to the streamer?
3. Regarding any type of interference; is it ok to stack all three pieces on top of each other?
As always, thank you.
Mark

Hi Mark,

I used the PNET for 2 years with the Statement, it works very well (sonically speaking) and Innuos recommends that combo. I recently replaced it with the Tempus switch (you can find my review on the dedicated thread).

You can put the PNET between the router and the Statement, no other switches are needed (or even suggested) if it’s doable in your system. Ethernet In and Ethernet Out. I also added a Muon Pro filter to the equation in the path. Innuos has know its own forum where you can find useful infos.

I used them stacked for a while without any issues but I then preferred the PNET separated on its own shelf, along with aftermarket footers (I used HRS Nimbus Assembly and Damping Plate).

Hope that helps.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu