Songer Audio + Western Electric, next month at T.H.E. Show

songeraudio

Manufacturer Handmade Field Coil Speakers
Aug 3, 2022
Portland, OR
www.songeraudio.com
We're looking forward to another wonderful event for Songer Audio next month at THE Show in Costa Mesa! Last year's system featured a Takatsuki TA-S01 amplifier, courtesy of our friends at Alex Sound Technology. As many of you know, Takatsuki produces some of the finest 300B tubes in the world, and the pairing didn't disappoint - those who experienced it know that it was magic.

How can we top it this time? Well, we are delighted to announce that we are partnering with legendary Western Electric this year, inventor of the 300B electron tube and the standard bearer by which all other 300B tubes in the world are judged. A fellow Robb Report 2024 Best in Audio Award winner, their 91E amplifier is a perfect pairing for our newest offering, the no-limits version of our critically acclaimed single driver S1 loudspeaker, the S1x.

The 91E will be complimented by a Statement streamer and Phoenix Net network switch from the wonderful team at Innuos, and yet another Robb Report 2024 Best In Audio Award winner in the Mola Mola Tambaqui. Lastly, components and loudspeakers will be tethered together by superb cabling and interconnects from Atlas Cables.

It promises to be another rare listening experience. We look forward to sharing it with you June 7th - 9th, at the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa, in room 350.

we_glow.png91E.png

innuos.pngMola_Mola_studio.jpg

Last edited:
I bet it will be a great sounding room. I look forward to seeing it.

Reactions: songeraudio
We're looking forward to another wonderful event for Songer Audio next month at The Show Costa Mesa! Last year's system featured a Takatsuki TA-S01 amplifier, courtesy of our friends at Alex Sound Technology. As many of you know, Takatsuki produces some of the finest 300B tubes in the world, and the pairing didn't disappoint - those who experienced it know that it was magic.

How can we top it this time? Well, we are delighted to announce that we are partnering with legendary Western Electric this year, inventor of the 300B electron tube and the standard bearer by which all other 300B tubes in the world are judged. A fellow Robb Report 2024 Best in Audio Award winner, their 91E amplifier is a perfect pairing for our newest offering, the no-limits version of our critically acclaimed single driver S1 loudspeaker, the S1x.

The 91E will be complimented by a Statement streamer and Phoenix Net network switch from the wonderful team at Innuos, and yet another Robb Report 2024 Best In Audio Award winner in the Mola Mola Tambaqui. Lastly, components and loudspeakers will be tethered together by superb cabling and interconnects from Atlas Cables.

It promises to be another rare listening experience. We look forward to sharing it with you June 7th - 9th, at the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa, in room 350.

View attachment 131653View attachment 131655

View attachment 131656View attachment 131657
Ken as always, your room will be one of the first I visit as you know how to make music sound perfect

Where is the turntable?!?!
Ha… I don’t know Ron, I just can’t seem to get the stars to align for a vinyl rig. We’ve had the pleasure of some of the best in digital sources in the world, that has surely been a factor.

However… maybe you’re the man who can make it finally come together? I’m game, maybe an after-hours event? Who do I need to talk to in this joint to get my feet wet in analog?

It's not fancy, but I'd be happy to bring my Denon with Hana SL cartridge and Hegel phono stage for you to use!

Ken, I look forward to seeing you at the show. As always, I know you will produce great sound!

It's not fancy, but I'd be happy to bring my Denon with Hana SL cartridge and Hegel phono stage for you to use!
That's so kind of you to offer, Ron! I should likely spend some time learning how to wield the tools properly first, however - as I understand it, setting up a table is an artform unto itself. With that in mind, I don't need to begin my education with a Ducati. I just need a snappy little ten-speed bicycle that punches above its weight and that I can throw in my personal listening room and get to know. Marc Phillips at PTA recommended this little fella:

Last edited:
Ken, I look forward to seeing you at the show. As always, I know you will produce great sound!
Kimberly and I are looking forward to seeing you as well, Gary! I can't wait to experience what you bring this time - whatever the systems, the sound and curation of components will be as good as it gets. I'm hoping I'll get to hear the WVL London, what a treat that would be...

Sharing a little more good news, after its debut at the Southwest AudioFest last March, Western Electric selected the Songer Audio S1x as a reference loudspeaker for their new listening room in Rossville, Georgia. This space and system is used for sessions with dealers and distributors, and for visiting guests. Of course, I couldn't be more proud for my work to have a residency there.

Several days ago, the director of sales texted this teaser pic, of the speakers during set up and placement. I'm looking forward to experiencing it in person, especially with those new, $125k WE 97A monoblocks. :) Cheers, all.

we_s1x.jpg

Reactions: RCanelas
WOW, Ken! Congratulations! That is a truly impressive, totally independent, endorsement!

• Love
Oh, but tell the Western Electric folks that I suggested that they need a turntable, too! :)

• Haha
Sharing a little more good news, after its debut at the Southwest AudioFest last March, Western Electric selected the Songer Audio S1x as a reference loudspeaker for their new listening room in Rossville, Georgia. This space and system is used for sessions with dealers and distributors, and for visiting guests. Of course, I couldn't be more proud for my work to have a residency there.

Several days ago, the director of sales texted this teaser pic, of the speakers during set up and placement. I'm looking forward to experiencing it in person, especially with those new, $125k WE 97A monoblocks. :) Cheers, all.

View attachment 131909
Ken, who's the PIA that's been pushing you on this for a while:)
I am happy to provide you with an Ars Machinae M1 with a Hana Red cartridge (a sublime cart) for CAF. Also happy to set it up for you. Using it is a piece of cake! If you want to get comfortable using vinyl, buy the table Ron suggested for light home use. It's nowhere near the level of your electronics and S1 loudspeakers, but it will make a DJ out of you by the time CAF rolls around:)

G

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing