Evolution Acoustics at T.H.E. Show - Costa Mesa 2023

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
PRESS RELEASE
Date Release: June 9-11, 2023

Evolution Acoustics Premiers the SYSTEM Modular Statement Speaker

The Audio Association proudly presents the world premier of the Evolution Acoustics SYSTEM, an ultra high-end user-configurable reference product, enabling audiophiles the ability to custom design a statement speaker system that will accommodate their room, electronics, and personal listening tastes.

Designed around the concept of modules, SYSTEM, or Select Your Speakers Through Exact Modularity, offer limitless configurations to handle a small sound studio to a large dedicated listening hall, with the flexibility to run on either single ended triodes or kilowatt solid state monoblocks.

All SYSTEM configurations will carry identical sound characteristics because all modules contain identical drivers and crossovers. SYSTEM is not a line of loudspeakers where you have to invest more to get better quality of sound, SYSTEM is one statement loudspeaker that adjusts to fit all.

In addition to this revolutionary new product, we will also debut our SYSTEM line of cables, a new statement in cable performance.

The Evolution Acoustics SYSTEM will be in the Bristol 3 Ballroom at the Hilton Hotel, Costa Mesa.

For More Information:

info@theaudioassociation.com
310/739-3400

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Why the Dartzeel Evolution Acoustics combo is not ubiquitous is beyond me.

Reactions: TheAudioAssociation

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Why the Dartzeel Evolution Acoustics combo is not ubiquitous is beyond me.
neither are in the cabal.

particularly Evolution Acoustics is on the outside looking in. all it has going for it is sounding great, not changing models very often, and holding it's value.

alas; nothing sexy.

my room always gets high marks, but never my speakers. they, of course, are doing the heavy lifting.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Mike,I suppose that is a left-handed compliment. A truly great speaker should not call attention to itself.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Mike,I suppose that is a left-handed compliment. A truly great speaker should not call attention to itself.
sure, ideally a speaker should have the headroom and coherence to get out of the way of the music completely. and allow the full measure of the music to come through. never hold it back. my MM7's have always done that. you don't hear the speaker. or the room. you hear the music. the darTZeel's pull off a similar complimentary trick. not tubes, not solid state. music.

unfortunately to sell speakers, there needs to be a buzz. which comes from someone noticing.....that they don't notice them. ;) they just enjoy the music.

at T.HE. Show the new Evolution 'SYSTEM' and darTZeel electronics and cartridges should be a hit and maybe will be appreciated. i'm excited to hear them.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I heard a lesser version of EV at RMAF. The demo was sold on the first day I was there. Perhaps promotion is the key. No offense intended. it would be nice to halve a Wilson, Magico alternative competitor. IMO the EV is a worthy competitor when paired with the Dartzeel.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I heard a lesser version of EV at RMAF. The demo was sold on the first day I was there. Perhaps promotion is the key. No offense intended. it would be nice to halve a Wilson, Magico alternative competitor. IMO the EV is a worthy competitor when paired with the Dartzeel.
you are not wrong. Jonathan Tinn's health issues did restrict his show participation the last 5-6 years, even prior to COVID, and did reduce the exposure of the brand. that was a real issue.

not heard a better amp/speaker combo in my experience. not saying there are not other very fine amps and speakers.

Reactions: hogen

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Mix and match is the bane of the audiophile existence. Here, the work is done for you. Just pick the best source you can handle and enjoy.
If you are at the show, don't miss this room

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
BTW-from a visual perspective the speakers are stunn8ng. I love high gloss red attained wood. Or redoak even better.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
For souce I would sugget Lampizator Pacific or Horizon..

Reactions: bonzo75

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
For souce I would sugget Lampizator Pacific or Horizon..
i did own the Lampi GG 1.5 which was a nice fit.

the MSB Select II even better. and the Wadax hit's it out of the park. Evolution/darTZeel can handle all the information you can provide. does not need flavoring....even slightly.

Reactions: sbo6 and Pokey77

manjy

Aug 31, 2011
Evolution displayed their new speakers at THE Show:
Any details on these? Driver Compliment? Active/Passive? Specs?

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
Hi Manjy

Here's the brochure that explains the SYSTEM. For the configuration at THE Show that you saw in the video used the following modules:

Middle Tower: (Top to Bottom) SYSTEM Bass Module > SYSTEM Core Module > SYSTEM Bass Module

Towers on each side of Middle Tower: 2 - SYSTEM AMP Modules

We are very excited by the reaction and feedback we received from the attendees!

The room sounded glorious.
SYSTEM Brochure Front - 01.jpg SYSTEM Brochure Back - 01.jpg

Reactions: manjy

manjy

Aug 31, 2011
Hi Manjy

Here's the brochure that explains the SYSTEM. For the configuration at THE Show that you saw in the video used the following modules:

Middle Tower: (Top to Bottom) SYSTEM Bass Module > SYSTEM Core Module > SYSTEM Bass Module

Towers on each side of Middle Tower: 2 - SYSTEM AMP Modules

We are very excited by the reaction and feedback we received from the attendees!

The room sounded glorious.
View attachment 111792 View attachment 111794
Thank you.

Reactions: TheAudioAssociation

Nuprin

Jan 9, 2020
NC
What would be the price for a pair with the configuration in the picture shown, with the core module and powered bass unit underneath with built in amp? Anyone have an idea on the size of the units/modules?

I'm assuming Kevin did this (pictured configuration) to accommodate smaller rooms and larger rooms by adding more bass modules.

benito

Jul 23, 2018
France
What would be the price for a pair with the configuration in the picture shown, with the core module and powered bass unit underneath with built in amp? Anyone have an idea on the size of the units/modules?

I'm assuming Kevin did this (pictured configuration) to accommodate smaller rooms and larger rooms by adding more bass modules.
1686659242289.png

Reactions: manjy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing