The waiting is the hardest part.

FT251

Jan 22, 2022
I ordered my Legacy Audio Aeris nearly 5 months ago. TMR has been helpful when I've reached out. I guess I was hopeful for better communication from Legacy Audio when purchasing their upper line speakers. I know many industries are struggling with deliveries including from what I see here, Legacy. Now I'm starting to wonder about my own time line!
Did you order the Wavelet II with them? That may be the hold up, they are just getting them in now after months of waiting.

Reactions: SCAudiophile

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Did you order the Wavelet II with them? That may be the hold up, they are just getting them in now after months of waiting.
I was told the Wavelet II did arrive. TMR sent pictures of my cabinets but they were still not finished. Disappointing after all this time. Perhaps Legacy is experiencing what many companies are experiencing. Skilled labor shortage? I don't know.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
I was told the Wavelet II did arrive. TMR sent pictures of my cabinets but they were still not finished. Disappointing after all this time. Perhaps Legacy is experiencing what many companies are experiencing. Skilled labor shortage? I don't know.
When was the last update from TMR?

In your previous post you mentioned expecting better communication from Legacy (which I agree you should have and would expect myself). Did TMR pass your contact info on to Legacy or are they doing a pure middleman for all communcations?

I understand your pain as well; my Valor took over 4.5 months to get shipped but that was 2020 in the midst of the pandemic and all the work shutdown and other difficulties that posed.

I do know that Legacy has been impacted deeply by delays regarding Wavelet II board deliveries from Bohmer. Further despite hiring a couple more people their order queue is long and they don't have all the people they need to meet their typical aspirational 6-8 week max build to ship time for their upper line speakers.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
The last email I received was on August 8th. This was from TMR for which I had asked an ETA. That email suggested the end of this month. Prior to that, when I asked for an ETA it was weeks out but that was months ago.

Interesting to note my wife bought me a record cleaner at the "The Show" in LA back on June 6th. That never arrived. All we get are promises of a tracking number but to this day, no tracking number - no record cleaner.

Communication. The best communication I received regarding the Aeris speakers was from members in this forum, specifically from a gentleman named Mark. The information I received from Legacy, was to use the Wavelaunch which would have been a deal breaker for me. The Music Room as well, who's owner owns the Aeris, led me to the purchase of these speakers using the Wavelet. My audio buddies were not thrilled with my decision on the Aeris They felt there were far better options. I don't think so however and feel it will be worth the wait. I'm certainly not suffering as I have a great set of speakers to listen to.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
I hope they send you your record cleaner; that hits hard to not have it after both the anticipation and it is such a wonderful gift.

Thank you for the kind words above,....that is me you are referring to.

The advice you received from TMR's owner is spot-on. When I bought Aeris a few years ago the Wavelaunch processor (otherwise known
as a Xilica 4080DSP pro studio unit was the processor I received. It was an amazing unit, took two copies of the input signal (via a y-splitter)
allowed for the creation of specific purpose filters to be built that would optimize the room correction and then summed the filters on each
channel's output accordingly. It is a bonafide pro unit and while BIll could master it as he was a recording engineer in a past life, for anyone
who is not a sound engineer it was over the top. For part of my time with Aeris, Wavelet 1 had come out and allowed for much more in terms
of time correction as well as frequency, phase and amplitude allowing for room correction to be done in 4 vectors/dimentions, not only 3.

The Aeris are a great speaker and priced multiples of price below the speakers they truly compete with. This based on my actually hearing all that I'm referinng to. After two years I sold Aeris and bought a new pair of TAD Reference Mk2's. They were/are fantastic speaker and I enjoyed them very much. Your audio buddies would probably have 'approved'.

I missed what Aeris gave me musically and frequency range/dynamics very often during the 2 years I owned the TADs however; I eventually sold them and went back to Legacy after considering many other speakers. To each their own I guess...

Wavelet II is better still; I am using it with Valor today. That is the best move you could make pairing with Aeris. Please also consider getting a good linear regulated power supply . The wall wart that comes with Wavelet needs to be replaced with a good LPSU.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
You are a wealth of information, far beyond what Legacy Audio has given me. You just opened a huge can of worms for me. Wavelet II? No one, not TMR, not Legacy, has mentioned a Wavelet II. That begs the question, "What did I buy"? Way back on April 3rd, it was simply the Wavelet. That all it was ever referred to as. And, what is the difference? I had some assumption that Wavelet II was the device after the Wavelaunch. I've never seen both a Wavelet I and Wavelet II mentioned anywhere as 2 separate products.

What a frustrating experience.

Of course I want the Wavelet II if that's the latest generation device. Has it been so long since I ordered my Aeris that a new model Wavelet has come out?

Guess I got questions for TMR.

Thanks again.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
I think we have a Hitch Hiker's Guide moment on our hands,...in other words "Don't Panic!", as I believe all will be okay.

Wavelet I was the first device after the Wavelaunch; the 1st version was a (24/96 DAC and 56-bit DSP) device. That was quite a few years ago now. Wavelet II has been out at over a year (early 2022 for Valor, a bit later for V and Aeris) and version 1 has been discontinued. They do provide Wavelet I users with a complete upgrade (at a cost) from version 1 to 2 when the user sends in their Wavelet.

Wavelet II is big step up and has a 24/192 DAC capability for all digital inputs with the additional capability of 32/384 if you are using a USB input. The DSP has also been upgraded from the already impressive 56-bit DSP to a new Analog Devices 64-bit DSP. All the algorithms for room corrections and other functions have been enhanced (a big sonic difference is what I hear). The micro-USB input on the back of Wavelet I has also been upgraded to a full Type-B USB connector which is a big improvement.

The reason I say don't panic is that it was/is my understanding that anyone ordering new speakers since Wavelet II came out will receive
Wavelet II by default. In short, I think you are okay here.

Given the serious delays with board and component supplies from Bohmer in Sweden that go into Wavelet II, therein lies the rub. The supply
chain delays have affected this whole process very much.

Here's the spec sheet that they sent me when I placed my order to get in queue for the Wavelet II upgrade. This spec sheet was sent to me
in September 2021 so that should tell you that Wavelet I has been history for quite some time. When someone reaches out to me that is
looking at a used speaker ad that involves Wavelet, I always suggest they check with the seller to verify what version of Wavelet is included.
I think that as you are buying a brand new set of speakers, you have nothing to worry about. If you want 100% peace of mind though, just
ask TMR and Legacy to confirm.

BTW,...the new contact email for Legacy that I've had great luck getting responses within a reasonable period of time (1-2 days at most) that
is manned by a new tech they brought in early this year to improve responsiveness is service@legacyaudio.com

Attachments

• Legacy-Audio-WAVELET2-v2-Generation2-Specification-Sheet-IMG_7459_2022.jpg
    Legacy-Audio-WAVELET2-v2-Generation2-Specification-Sheet-IMG_7459_2022.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
I did reach out to TMR regarding the version level Wavelet and I'm indeed getting the version II. TMR has always responded promptly. I've been working with Ryan who is a stand up guy and extremely helpful.

It seems that my Aeris are being painted now.

Thanks SCAudiophile for all your amazing helpfulness!

Don Reid

VIP/Donor
Nov 14, 2020
I recently paid a $2,000.00 deposit on a new DEQX Pre-8 preamp, DSP, streamer, etc. DEQX won't even venture a guesstimate as to when the component will be completed and shipped. Fortunately I still have my old DEQX HDP-4. I suppose it will be best if I just forget about it and hope for a pleasant surprise sometime in 2024 or later.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
My speakers were paid in full. But at least now, it appears that my speakers have been shipped to the dealer. So at right about the 6 month mark, I should have them.

I haven't been without speakers having the Spatial X3's and a pair of Buchardt MK II's.

On top of that, our system is sounding so well, we wonder why we purchased new speakers.

ScottK

Apr 30, 2023
mars
I guess in this day and age this is somewhat normal? Tom Petty was right, waiting is the hardest part.
I actually enjoy the process. I spent over a year researching my next speaker and then 3 1/2 months to produce and deliver. Enjoyed every bit of the time in anticipation!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing