The Weiss DAC 204 - Have you heard this stunning little DAC?

Is it possible that the un-attenuated signal from the Weiss was too much for your amplifier?

No, the amp has sufficient input headroom, and has no difficulty with the similarly high output of my phono stage.

I am now trying a Fidelizer Nikola II power supply with my Weiss 205, in place of the Teddy Pardo power supply. The Nikola II is about twice the price of the Teddy power supply and is a noticeable improvement in terms of image size, colour and smoothness. The Teddy Pardo PSU is perhaps a little faster sounding, and is still a very good PSU for the price.

Reactions: 3fssNO
No, the amp has sufficient input headroom, and has no difficulty with the similarly high output of my phono stage.

I am now trying a Fidelizer Nikola II power supply with my Weiss 205, in place of the Teddy Pardo power supply. The Nikola II is about twice the price of the Teddy power supply and is a noticeable improvement in terms of image size, colour and smoothness. The Teddy Pardo PSU is perhaps a little faster sounding, and is still a very good PSU for the price.
Very interesting indeed, Ill try th -10db switch!!

Do you have plans for testing the original Weiss powersupply?

I was discussing this with an individual on messenger a while back, he claimed the Weiss PS was the work of a genius, and that he and his hifi community used them for «everything» they were worth it….

I'm sure the Weiss power supply is excellent, but it costs more than the DAC itself.

I've now moved the Weiss DAC to my desktop system and it sounds great with my LS3/5As, but I can't justify investing any more into it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu