Thieliste's new Reference system

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The level of clarity of this Jadis is insane with so much more density and fullness than the Vitus.
The mid range and trebel is leagues ahead of my Vitus in terms of emotion, liquidity and smoothness.
To sum up the Jadis sounds like real live music on my Thiels, SS don't even come close.

I am happy for you that this is such a successful swap!

(And this is why "tube people" love tubes, especially Jadis.)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Funny you should say that. The most I ever enjoyed Magico was when it was driven by Jadis. KeithR will remember this, too.
Interesting given today's discussions around Zanden monos...have heard some say their favorite with Magico Q7 was Zanden 9600 monos.

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
As some of you know Thiel speakers are pretty difficult to match with the right amp, they are ultra revealing, easily become harsh in the trebel if the amp is not smooth.
I have tried many SS amps and the only one that is really refined and musical with my Thiels is my Vitus SIA-025 Mk2.
This is definitely the most musical SS i have ever tried.
But i said to myself if i want to push further the musical engagement factor i have to try a good solid Class A PP tube amp.
I happen to live 3h away from the Jadis factory therefore it was easy fo me to get a unit in for audition.
The DA series is the best Jadis integrated series they have ever made therefore i asked for a DA88S, the most powerful one.
I was expecting a very high level of musical engagement but not the level of handling of my Thiels.
This Jadis handles my Thiels just as good as my Vitus if not better, the bass is not muddy at all it is fast, crisp and very solid.
The level of clarity of this Jadis is insane with so much more density and fullness than the Vitus.
The mid range and trebel is leagues ahead of my Vitus in terms of emotion, liquidity and smoothness.
To sum up the Jadis sounds like real live music on my Thiels, SS don't even come close.
I'm sure Jadis amps would also be spectacular on Magico speakers.
Hope that helps.
This does not surprise me in the slightest. Years ago I had Thiel 3.6 which were also a wicked load and which, according to reviewers, needed powerful solid state amps. I started with a Classe DR-10 and quickly upgraded to the Classe CA-300. With 600 watts per channel at 4 ohms, the big Classe would surely be enough, or so I thought.

After a couple years with the Classe, and just out of morbid curiosity, I hooked up a totally stock Dyna ST-70 to the Thiels. To my amazement, the ST-70 sounded significantly better than the solid state amps. Of course it wouldn’t play loud but at low to almost moderate volumes the Dyna sounded very good indeed. I suspect the Thiels would have sounded even better with some very high power tube amps but instead I opted to change speakers and go to even lower power tube amps.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
This does not surprise me in the slightest. Years ago I had Thiel 3.6 which were also a wicked load and which, according to reviewers, needed powerful solid state amps. I started with a Classe DR-10 and quickly upgraded to the Classe CA-300. With 600 watts per channel at 4 ohms, the big Classe would surely be enough, or so I thought.

After a couple years with the Classe, and just out of morbid curiosity, I hooked up a totally stock Dyna ST-70 to the Thiels. To my amazement, the ST-70 sounded significantly better than the solid state amps. Of course it wouldn’t play loud but at low to almost moderate volumes the Dyna sounded very good indeed. I suspect the Thiels would have sounded even better with some very high power tube amps but instead I opted to change speakers and go to even lower power tube amps.
You are right I think some powerful PP tube monos on Thiel speakers would max them out with so much more refinement than any SS.
Jadis came up with brand new JA170 monos PP KT170 this year.
would love hear those.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Jadis - Copie.jpg

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Jadis event a week ago.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Nuce. What did you think of the amps? Did you pick a good one out for your Thiels?

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Nuce. What did you think of the amps? Did you pick a good one out for your Thiels?
I’ll be getting the DA88S in silver finish once my Vitus is sold.
Jadis house sound definitely best match for my Thiels compared to all SS amps I have tried to date.
I still do like my SIA-025 very much but if I get a good offer I will let it go.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Well that's it guys my Vitus SIA-025 Mk2 has found a new home and i just ordered a brand new Jadis DA88S as a replacement.
My dealer has arranged a Jadis factory tour for the day my DA88S gets delivered to me, that's very nice of them.
Hope not to have to wait very long:p

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Exciting! Congrats. When do you think approximately they will be ready?

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Exciting! Congrats. When do you think approximately they will be ready?
Thanks, should be at least a month depending on how busy they are.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing