Things you really should have realised, audiophile sins to atone for

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sbnx, all sounds good. In all my various directions/opinions, a good room was the one I was most skeptical about (especially since a number of so-called good rooms are treated to the point of deadness). And now I've done the most serious 180 on my previously held views.

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
Hi y'all, just a little light hearted thread. I tend to pontificate a bit about my journey, but since I've made some wrong assumptions, and taken some obvious things for granted, when I get it right despite previous left turns, I'm always particularly relieved.

Over to others, if they're prepared to confess.
My craziest purchase that remains at home an un-finished is an EMT narrow body that i took apart to re-spray then lost my notes... I just can't bring myself round to selling it. I've not made a huge amount of bad errors except buying an EMT TSD15 thinking I could get it re-tipped at a modest cost.
So I guess my sin is the odd crazy second hand purchases - i'm like the idiot that bought a nan bread on ebay for thousands coz it apparently resembled Jesus.
My net thing is unfinished/badly executed DIY - speakers (i learnt that the manufacturers do know what they are doing) - same with cables - and turntable plinths as well
Anyway i live on the border of essex and own a flat in essex and as such we love to tinker and modify!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing