Thirteen Lives - Official Trailer | Prime Video

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The genius of Opie aka little Richie Cunningham better known as Ron Howard never ceases to amaze me. My wife nd I watched it yesterday on Amazon Prime where it is streaming FREE of charge. We all know the story and we all know how it ended but this docudrama comes in at a whopping 2 1/2 hours most of which are under water scenes and is nothing short of fantastic

It is the true story of the young Thai soccer team who became trapped deep into the Tham Luang mountain caves during monsoon season when the caves flooded and the rescue that was subsequently carried out. There is very little script in as most dialog is in Thai with English subtitles. However the cast of Viggo Morrtensen and Colin Farrell and two other English rescuers carried the story along with a few Thai actors who spoke English

The underwater scenes and how they were filmed is certainly anxiety provoking with some of the dives taking as long as 6 1/2 hours before they reached the cave with the trapped soccer team. The narrow passages and the surging tide from the water pouring into the mountain from counties sink holes kept us on the edge of our seats . As stated the film is a very short 2 1/2 hours as time flew by without a single watch check

The dives were actually carried out with Viggo and Colin and interviews showed them at times horrified with what they were doing. I have no idea how you direct something like this but in the end Ron Howard was absolutely brilliant in his ability to tell this story. One of the best films we have seen this year and definitely thumbs' way up

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing