This climate problem is bigger than cars and much harder to solve

Status
Not open for further replies.

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
Guys it’s a very simplistic view it’s us we do cause what’s going on now.
now I do get nuclear has its big issues too. but it’s Almost perfect once up and running.

regarding us and the planet we need to live on but do as little as possible to change it. but to do this is the question.
we don’t live on equal planes here. some do much more damage then others but they also produce much products we need.

if we stop to exist this rock will return to continue its evolution until it dies off

jim Jeffries has a funny bit on the topic at hand

it’s a train with all the scientists in the engine room pulling the next two cars

next car is the agnostics like me
I do think there maybe be a god but do need some proof
jim calls us types wishy washy idiots as we can’t make up our minds

the next car is everyone else all screaming for there views
this car has no hope as each type onky care for there own a bit like audio people each knowing there right hahaha

the scientists just look at the pin keeping the rest of the cars attached
as the other cars slow down the train

the concept is simple we need to keep moving to the next stop to fix the past before the past kills us.

just think how we can’t even agree on great sound much less fix the planet

find it it’s a good insight to this topic at hand

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Science is not something you believe in. It is real. Religion is something you believe in.if global warming is a hoax the earth has been very cooperative in providing us with supporting evidence. Quite a coincidence.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Science is not something you believe in. It is real. Religion is something you believe in.if global warming is a hoax the earth has been very cooperative in providing us with supporting evidence. Quite a coincidence.
You will find that the majority of people that believe global warming is a hoax are highly religious to the point that they believe the world is 5,000 years old.

Reactions: K3RMIT

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
You will find that the majority of people that believe global warming is a hoax are highly religious to the point that they believe the world is 5,000 years old.
Makes the claim against them lol. i can’t see hiw anyone can dispute facts
but a little belief just a little is good for the soul

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Except that there is no intrinsic connection between "highly religious" and believing the world is 5,000 years old.

But I get your point.

Reactions: jeff1225 and K3RMIT

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello and good morning to you, gentlemen.

Posting about politics and religion is strictly against the TOS service of this forum. The admin team has discussed this and while we are showing a little latitude here, posting about politics and religion will not be tolerated. It is for this reason that some posts have been deleted and please consider this a formal second warning not to make this political, otherwise, we will close the thread.

While we may be in a section of the forum where "anything goes"? This is referring to topics. This does not give members the right to violate the Terms of Service of the forum. You agreed to these rules when you joined. Please allow me to remind you that when a decision has been made with regards to moderating, this is not up for public debate.

Tom and the admin team.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Stehno, I started reading the climategate emails. There is a lot of deceat, but I don't see the motive. What is the gain for a globalist creating hysteria. What are they able to manufacture and sell based upon climate fear.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Except that there is no intrinsic connection between "highly religious" and believing the world is 5,000 years old.

But I get your point.
The Bible is clear that the earth is 5000 years old. So I you are Bible literalist, then you believe the earth is 5000 years old.

cal3713

Nov 2, 2020
youtube.com
It can be fun to track the US right wing editorials on this topic.

From the 90's until around ten years ago it was a liberal hoax propagated by scientists who were paid off to generate fraudulent data. Then, once the data (and probably more everyone's yearly lived experience) became too hard to argue with, it became a small local trend in a long scale 'normal' planetary variation. Then, when that perspective became too hard to defend, they shifted to arguing that the left wing solutions were idiodic. The last WSJ editorial I read alternated between claiming that it was good ("more people die from cold than hot!!!") and arguing that US Democratic policies were to blame for making it worse. And there you have it. Even Rupert Murdoc et al. have joined the 97% of scientists (https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/) and admitted that it's real.

My GOP farmer friend from KS finally converted once it became clear that the optimum farming practices were being affected by the change in temperature and season timing (e.g., https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0204932).

If you want to argue with the sea level data, the ice loss data, the global temperature data, or the CO2 data, then I'm sure you'll find fault with the biologists too, but here are a couple fun ones tracking the effects of global warming on species habitat location...

https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/05/upslope-climate-migration.html
https://www.scienceintheclassroom.org/research-papers/keeping-climate-change-species-move

Reactions: picears and Al M.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
The Bible is clear that the earth is 5000 years old. So I you are Bible literalist, then you believe the earth is 5000 years old.

The Bible is not clear about the issue if the days of creation are to be taken literally. Many Christian and other monotheistic beliefs don't think they are to be, for several reasons. Anyway, since we are not allowed to discuss religion here, we should keep this offline. I'll send you a PM.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
We have monitored this thread closely and tried to give it a wide berth. Unfortunately posts about global warming/climate change, religion, globalists, conspiracy theories, alleged hoaxes, Council on Foreign Relations, Liberals, right-wing, among other comments, all together easily cross the line into violating the ban on politics.

Please enjoy discussing these topics on Facebook. WBF is not the place for political discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing