Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness | Official Trailer | Netflix

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Started watching this true documentary yesterday on the advice of my son. All I can say is, if you watch this one strap on your seat belt in an upright position because this documentary will have you riveted with your jaw wide open. This one is a must see while at home self isolating

Among the eccentrics and cult personalities in the stranger-than-fiction world of big cat owners, few stand out more than Joe Exotic, a mulleted, gun-toting polygamist and country western singer who presides over an Oklahoma roadside zoo. Charismatic but misguided, Joe and an unbelievable cast of characters including drug kingpins, conmen, and cult leaders all share a passion for big cats, and the status and attention their dangerous menageries garner. But things take a dark turn when Carole Baskin, an animal activist and owner of a big cat sanctuary, threatens to put them out of business, stoking a rivalry that eventually leads to Joe’s arrest for a murder-for-hire plot, and reveals a twisted tale where the only thing more dangerous than a big cat is its owner.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I watched all of it. I'm wondering if there will be another follow up because of court cases with the rest of them.

At the beginning some guy says something like, "big cat owners are the worst of all, they're all assholes." I couldn't agree more. I don't trust any of them and think that every owner in that documentary should be locked up.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Also watch "Don't F**k With Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer" on Netflix.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Gotta love mullets 'n guns, with big cat dressing, in Amurika.

Steve Williams

Could Netflix Renew ‘Tiger King’ for Season 2? Producer Hints at More Episodes

We have a bajillion questions after watching Netflix’s new show Tiger King: Like, is Joe Exotic certifiably insane? And did Carole Baskin really feed
to the tigers? *Shivers*

If the seven-episode limited series left you wanting more, then you’re in luck because the documentary might return for season two. Executive producer Rebecca Chaiklin recently sat down for an interview with Entertainment Weekly and confirmed that Netflix is exploring the possibility of developing more episodes.

When asked what’s next for Tiger King, she mysteriously said, “To be continued.” Chaiklin went on to explain that season two would follow future developments in the case.

“I mean, yes we have a crazy amount of footage, and it’s a story that’s still unfolding,” she added. “We’re not sure yet, but there could be a follow-up on this story because there’s a lot that’s still unfolding in it, and it’ll be just as dramatic and just as colorful as what has unfolded these past few years.”

The producer also confirmed that the docuseries is 100 percent accurate, despite theories claiming that it was dramatized for TV. “You didn’t have to exaggerate in this world,” Chaiklin continued. “You couldn’t have made this stuff up. No exaggerations needed.”

All we have to say is…more Joe Exotic, please.

Reactions: Folsom

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We couldn't get thru episode 1.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
This show is the perfect train wreck for a mandatory stay-at-home!

Reactions: Folsom

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
We watched the recorded video message of the husband of Carol Baskin. I think there is almost no chance that they would participate in a second season.

Separately, the David Spade video interviews of the people in Tiger King are fairly amusing.

PS: We literally do not have a television set, so we watched it on Tinka's laptop.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Gotta love mullets 'n guns, with big cat dressing, in Amurika.

Yeah . . . unfortunately the show illustrates and confirms almost every bad stereotype Europeans have about America.

I felt compelled to point out explicitly to Tinka each instance of improper and dangerous gun handling.

Steve Williams

We watched the recorded video message of the husband of Carol Baskin. I think there is almost no chance that they would participate in a second season.

Separately, the David Spade video interviews of the people in Tiger King are fairly amusing.

PS: We literally do not have a television set, so we watched it on Tinka's laptop.

Not sure if Carol Baskin and her husband will be in it however.......

Here's what we know about a Tiger King bonus episode
https://ew.com/tv/tiger-king-bonus-episode-netflix-what-to-know/
By Rosy Cordero
April 08, 2020

Netflix is rumored to be working on a bonus episode of its wildly popular Tiger King docuseries. Fans are growing restless as the streamer remains mum with any details or confirmation, but here's what we do know so far.

Will Joe Exotic be part of the new episode?

The true crime documentary dives into the seedy underbelly of exotic animal ownership in the United States, with a focus on Joe Exotic, the self-proclaimed Tiger King. Exotic is currently in prison serving a 22-year sentence for his role in the murder-for-hire plot against his nemesis, Carole Baskin and for crimes against his animals that violated the Endangered Species Act. But that may not rule him out from being part of a new episode.

'Tiger King': Everything We Know About the Reported New Episode

https://www.etonline.com/tiger-king...-new-episode-of-the-netflix-docuseries-144385

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing