Tiger Woods in surgery with 'multiple leg injuries' after rollover car accident near LA, agent says

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Golf legend Tiger Woods was hospitalized Tuesday morning after a serious one-car rollover accident in Los Angeles County that required the "Jaws of Life," according to the LA County Sheriff's Department.

The sheriff's department said Woods was the only occupant of the car that crashed in Rancho Palos Verdes.

Woods, 45, suffered moderate to critical injuries after being pulled from his car, according to Los Angeles County spokesperson Henry Narvez.

Woods was taken to Harbor UCLA Medical Center. CNN has reached out to the hospital for comment.

According to Golf Digest, Woods suffered "multiple leg injuries" and was in surgery following the accident. Golf Digest quoted Woods' agent Mark Steinberg with the update.

Narvez said another car, not involved in the initial rollover incident, stopped after the crash and was rear-ended.

Woods' vehicle suffered major damage, according to authorities. The crash is under investigation.

Woods, a 15-time major champion, underwent a back operation for the fifth time in his career earlier this year.

Woods previously had back surgery -- a spinal fusion -- in 2017 and made his return almost a year later. He went on to launch a remarkable comeback, winning the Masters in 2019.

Any progress last year was hampered by yet another back injury and the pandemic, which heavily disrupted the golf calendar.

CNN has reached out to Woods' representatives for comment.

This is a breaking story. Check back for updates.

Correction: This story has been updated with the correct status of Wood's vehicle.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
speed and racing cannot possibly have anything to do with this

Last edited:

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
A good friend lives close to the accident site, he told me that it is a dangerous downhill road. Looking at the aerial photos of the scene it looks like he didn’t make the curve and went straight ahead. Probably easy to do on an unfamiliar road. i Hope he makes a full recovery. It can happen to any of us.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
So no Masters this year?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
My guess is he was going to fast and distracted. Cell phone, texting, spilled his coffee, watch a bird fly by, trying to miss a stray cat...who knows I suppose it will come out in time. I am surprised this led the 5pm national news for 30 min. I can see it being a lead story but that was quite a bit on my favorite channel...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing