Torus Power - Seeking Technical and User Feedback on Torus NBT Technology

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
I've read nothing but good things from people using Torus power conditioners. In some of my early systems, I used BPT power conditioners, which also rely on massive transformers but use balanced power technology, where Torus uses their Narrow Bandwidth Technology. I noticed with balanced power, some systems sounded amazing but some components, especially amplifiers, sounded grounded, lacking air/space.

I'm fishing for some feedback to try to understand the difference between these two technologies and to understand the circumstances where transformer power conditioners might not be the best choice. Also, if anyone has a Torus, what gear your using, and your impression.

HughP3

VIP/Donor
Apr 25, 2019
I've read nothing but good things from people using Torus power conditioners. In some of my early systems, I used BPT power conditioners, which also rely on massive transformers but use balanced power technology, where Torus uses their Narrow Bandwidth Technology. I noticed with balanced power, some systems sounded amazing but some components, especially amplifiers, sounded grounded, lacking air/space.

I'm fishing for some feedback to try to understand the difference between these two technologies and to understand the circumstances where transformer power conditioners might not be the best choice. Also, if anyone has a Torus, what gear your using, and your impression.

i have the 60 amp wall mount. see my signature for equipment list. this install could not be a A/B comparison but I find absolutely no lack in dynamics

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
i have the 60 amp wall mount. see my signature for equipment list. this install could not be a A/B comparison but I find absolutely no lack in dynamics
That's some serious Gryphon gear. It's my experience that dynamics and punch is one of the biggest strengths of transformer units. That it's more of a dense, solid sound but doesn't have the airy, lilting, treble nuance of other solutions.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I used BPT power conditioners, which also rely on massive transformers but use balanced power technology, where Torus uses their Narrow Bandwidth Technology. I noticed with balanced power, some systems sounded amazing but some components, especially amplifiers, sounded grounded, lacking air/space.
That was my experience as well with BPT units.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing