Typhon QR review

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
I am interested in Typhon QR but the review seems weak and Typhon QR ability is unclear.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I love mine. I went from the Typhon 1, to the QR. I haven’t had a bad experience with anything Shunyata.

Postal32

Nov 23, 2018
Great review. Was thinking of the Denali, but this may change my mind. Oh the rack space! Decision time. I feel my wallet is endangered. Someone please help!!

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Nothern California Wine Country
Someone please help!!

My 3 Typhons (one QR) sit on the floor; no need for rack space. The footers on the QR are excellent; I use Stillpoints under the older Typhons. The results are impressive! Hope that helps!

Postal32

Nov 23, 2018
Yes, it does, thank you. May I ask how/why you are using three Typhons? Thanks!

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Nothern California Wine Country
May I ask how/why you are using three Typhons?

The two Typhon 1's are for each of my 2 mono block amps, the QR for the Triton that powers everything else.

In my 2nd system (in San Francisco) I have another QR which was upgraded from V1. I was so impressed by the upgrade to the QR in my Ranch System that I upgraded the city system too.

Last edited:

Sniper17

Nov 27, 2018
I just burned in my Typhon QR and Triton V3. This was a significant upgrade. If fact the two very comprehensive reviews and I got the identical results the reviewers did. This is RARE!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing