UK Hi-fi Show Live 2022/Ascot

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Thought I’d start a thread to cover the upcoming Hi-Fi News show at Ascot (10 & 11 September). Hopefully other manufacturers and distributors can chime in too with their plans for the event.

We (Boyer Audio) have booked 2 rooms at the show: the Long Box on the 2nd floor and a hospitality suite right next to it. The Long Box was the room we shared with Esoteric and Raidho in 2019, back in the days when I only distributed Shunyata Research. It’s amazing to think that 3 years have gone by, those endless lockdowns really did scramble my recollection of time; it almost feels like we went into a time warp and popped out through a wormhole a decade later. Weird.

I’ll share our plans as they become more fleshed out but this is a summary of what we are thinking so far…

The Long Box (2nd floor) will showcase all our brands, so Engström, Kroma Atelier, Shunyata Research and FalkenOhr. We are planning an analogue only setup using a Brinkmann turntable and tone arm compliments of Symmetry, their UK distributor, who will also supply us with a cartridge.

So why only analogue? The answer is twofold: first I was blown away by the sound in Engström’s room in Munich which was an analogue-only setup also using a Brinkmann deck and second, this will be the UK launch of the M-Phono, Engström’s new phono stage so we really want to give this as much air time as possible. In addition to the MONICA pre-amp we will demonstrate both the ARNE integrated and LARS mk3 and the brand new Thais Xtreme from Kroma Atelier. We heard this new speaker at the De Luxe show in Munich this year and to say we were impressed would be an understatement! We’ll also have the Mimi, Mimi Xtreme, Stella and the amazing Julieta speakers to choose from. We’ll have the new Shunyata UK Everest to power the system and all the hi-fi components will sit on FalkenOhr 516 racks and amp stands.

Next door to the Long Box, in a room actually the same size but with tables and chairs and large sofas (and a bar!) we will feature a smaller system with digital source. Shunyata Research will host a corner of the room and Grant Samuelson will be on hand to talk to us about power, system optimisation and some of the work he has been doing in recording studios and hospitals! We are planning a competition with some decent giveaways and there will be new product announcements and demos.

Lots more details to follow and really hope to meet as many of you as possible!

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
A few updates re our participation at Ascot…

The Long Box (242-244) will feature a Brinkmann Taurus + 12.1 inch tone arm and Lyra cartridge (prob not the top of the range but a decent one!). We will be showing two new speakers in the Kroma Atelier stable: the Thais X and Stella X. The Stella X should be spectacular, it’s essentially a Stella on steroids: with 2 Purifi 6.5 inch woofers and 6.5 inch Scan Speak paper cone along with a Mundorf AMT ribbon tweeter. I already heard the Thais X at Munich and I can say it was a revelation. I’ve also heard the new Mimi X which features the new purifi woofer and it’s a monster!

In the hospitality suite (239-241) we are delighted to welcome a couple of guest brands: MSB and Antipodes. These will be part of a system comprising ARNE integrated and Kroma Julieta speakers, all powered and wired with Shunyata Research.

We have a couple of exclusive launches from Shunyata Research: the new ALTAIRA grounding system featuring different hubs for chassis and signal grounding and working in synergy. I only got a very quick look at one of the units when I met with Shunyata in Munich and I’m told their impact on a system is dramatic! In addition we will be showcasing the brand new OMEGA analogue interconnects (XLR), these have never been demonstrated before anywhere in the world and aren’t yet listed on their website lol.

As more details get firmed up I will add to this thread. Really hope to see as many of you as possible. :)

Carcrashboy

Nov 10, 2018
A few updates re our participation at Ascot…

The Long Box (242-244) will feature a Brinkmann Taurus + 12.1 inch tone arm and Lyra cartridge (prob not the top of the range but a decent one!). We will be showing two new speakers in the Kroma Atelier stable: the Thais X and Stella X. The Stella X should be spectacular, it’s essentially a Stella on steroids: with 2 Purifi 6.5 inch woofers and 6.5 inch Scan Speak paper cone along with a Mundorf AMT ribbon tweeter. I already heard the Thais X at Munich and I can say it was a revelation. I’ve also heard the new Mimi X which features the new purifi woofer and it’s a monster!

In the hospitality suite (239-241) we are delighted to welcome a couple of guest brands: MSB and Antipodes. These will be part of a system comprising ARNE integrated and Kroma Julieta speakers, all powered and wired with Shunyata Research.

We have a couple of exclusive launches from Shunyata Research: the new ALTAIRA grounding system featuring different hubs for chassis and signal grounding and working in synergy. I only got a very quick look at one of the units when I met with Shunyata in Munich and I’m told their impact on a system is dramatic! In addition we will be showcasing the brand new OMEGA analogue interconnects (XLR), these have never been demonstrated before anywhere in the world and aren’t yet listed on their website lol.

As more details get firmed up I will add to this thread. Really hope to see as many of you as possible. :)
Hi Guillaume,

Really looking forward to hear the offerings you have for us, all of it will be new to me!

Graham

Reactions: GuillaumeB

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Happy to report that we will be using an Antipodes K50 server and MSB Premier DAC in our digital setup (room 239-241).

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Hi Guillaume,

Really looking forward to hear the offerings you have for us, all of it will be new to me!

Graham

Cheers Graham! We are planning on having some nice drinks so please stick around! Will be great to catch up.

Reactions: Carcrashboy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing