Ultimate Analog Server/Streamer: Lucas Audio (LDMS) v Innuous Pulsar

Danielaruso

Mar 11, 2024
East Coast
I do not post prolifically on this site, but want to add value if possible when I can.

I have an Aries Cerat Helene Dac, through Scott @ Verdant Audio, who is a wonderful dealer; honest and thoughtful. I had an Innuous Pulsar streamer going through all Audionet gear (Mono Max amps and Pre G2) into YG carmel 2s with JL Audio subs. Kubala Sosna cabling.

I really enjoyed the Pulsar. Great value and terrific performer for $8K.

However, I demo'd the LDMS minimax and its in a league of its own. First, the sound is completely relaxed and able to handle complexity with elegance, sound stage and soul. I spent hours playing the same Billy Joel Code of Silence song on vinyl through my Kronos and through the LDMS. I had zero fatigue and man the LDMS is really darn close. It is not in your face digital that is tiring; it is smooth and like an impressionist art paiting; complex but comes together for an amazing experience. I see no reason to upgrade from here. Its really sensational.

To boot, Lucas is one of a kind. I dont think he sleeps much and is so passionate about music and his profession that you want to hug the guy. He can connect remotely to the server and optimize for you and is literally the epitome of customer service. He is really unique and terrific.

If you are in the market for a killer server/streamer; LDMS needs to be top of the list against any sub $20K=$25K unit. To beat this you need to spend a different orbit of spend and I am not sure what the incremental returns would be? 5-7% 10% for 3-4x the cost?

Its a pleasure to give money to a passionate expert that doesnt have to raise pricing to ridiculous levels by going direct and you actually feel like you are spending great money and getting substantial value and performance.

No brainer. Run dont walk to Lucas - you will be shocked.

Can you elaborate more on the biggest differences that stand out to you comparing the Pulsar vs LDMS?

Reactions: christoph
I do not post prolifically on this site, but want to add value if possible when I can.

I have an Aries Cerat Helene Dac, through Scott @ Verdant Audio, who is a wonderful dealer; honest and thoughtful. I had an Innuous Pulsar streamer going through all Audionet gear (Mono Max amps and Pre G2) into YG carmel 2s with JL Audio subs. Kubala Sosna cabling.

I really enjoyed the Pulsar. Great value and terrific performer for $8K.

However, I demo'd the LDMS minimax and its in a league of its own. First, the sound is completely relaxed and able to handle complexity with elegance, sound stage and soul. I spent hours playing the same Billy Joel Code of Silence song on vinyl through my Kronos and through the LDMS. I had zero fatigue and man the LDMS is really darn close. It is not in your face digital that is tiring; it is smooth and like an impressionist art paiting; complex but comes together for an amazing experience. I see no reason to upgrade from here. Its really sensational.

To boot, Lucas is one of a kind. I dont think he sleeps much and is so passionate about music and his profession that you want to hug the guy. He can connect remotely to the server and optimize for you and is literally the epitome of customer service. He is really unique and terrific.

If you are in the market for a killer server/streamer; LDMS needs to be top of the list against any sub $20K=$25K unit. To beat this you need to spend a different orbit of spend and I am not sure what the incremental returns would be? 5-7% 10% for 3-4x the cost?

Its a pleasure to give money to a passionate expert that doesnt have to raise pricing to ridiculous levels by going direct and you actually feel like you are spending great money and getting substantial value and performance.

No brainer. Run dont walk to Lucas - you will be shocked.
Interesting, the track you mentioned was streamed from The Bridge album at 24/96?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing