Violin videos: solo or with small ensemble

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
Among many WBF threads, this thread has been hardest to go through. Many violin sounds in videos are so dirty and bad that give me bad feelings. Hurting ears, makes me nervous with headache are given. Some gave me shocks. Some hurts my limbs. Some pick my eyes. Some make me nauseous. Some make me feel kicking my stomach and still hurting it after an hour. How are you guys standing with that sound. I guess many you don't listen violin much.
Nice video, shame you had to add those insulting comments, why did you do that, are you having a bad day or are you just an ignorant person?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Among many WBF threads, this thread has been hardest to go through. Many violin sounds in videos are so dirty and bad that give me bad feelings. Hurting ears, makes me nervous with headache are given. Some gave me shocks. Some hurts my limbs. Some pick my eyes. Some make me nauseous. Some make me feel kicking my stomach and still hurting it after an hour. How are you guys standing with that sound. I guess many you don't listen violin much.
I am not sure what your experience with live violin is but recorded up close it is often not so clean and sweet. See my post #82 in this thread...my experience with violin is extensive.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Among many WBF threads, this thread has been hardest to go through. Many violin sounds in videos are so dirty and bad that give me bad feelings. Etc

Alex , It is in the unavoidable nature of YouTube’s default compression algorithm that some instruments are inevitably compromised when attempting to covey the truth of the recording and of the corporeal event , Violin and Grand Piano obviously spring to mind .

hopkins

Sep 10, 2022
Paris
paulstephane.github.io

Nice. I have that same LP box set, but have not listened to it in some time. I was listening the other night to the 1952 version which I have on CD (and is in Mono - I am tuning my open baffle speakers, and so far am still working on one of them..).

These recordings are challenging. The sound level is quite low, and you really have to dial in the speaker placement/listening position/acoustics to get all the details and reproduce the texture and tone correctly. The music is inspiring!

Last edited:
Reactions: tima

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I dont think it sounds very good but what the ...
Streamed of YT ,, i ll buy the CD version see how that goes / sounds.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing