Warning about Kyle of Reference Audio Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Since there are multiple threads on the internet on this topic, it seems that this discussion will bear no fruit. We've already discussed the quality factors to look for when shopping for modification services. If Kyle responds to us, his posts will be entered.

Closed.

Lee

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2011
Dear Forum Members,

I would like to thank Lee for allowing me to post a few words on our position in all of this. I will keep this short and to the point. Mr Balm is obviously unhappy with his amplifier and I am honestly NOT thrilled about providing a refund for a custom project we did 6 years ago. So rather then refuel the flames on this topic I would like to say RAM and Mr Balm have come to a tentative agreement on settling this issue. We hope to finalize our agreement this week!

Sincerely,

Kyle Takenaga
Reference Audio Mods

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I think you should have kept this thread closed. Nothing good will come from hearing the other side to this sad story.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Mark,

In all fairness, it was necessary to allow the response. Kyle's response should show that resolution of consumer disputes may be possible in these situations. I'll leave the thread open and hope that the original poster will provide an update about the issue.

Lee

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Dear Forum Members,

I would like to thank Lee for allowing me to post a few words on our position in all of this. I will keep this short and to the point. Mr Balm is obviously unhappy with his amplifier and I am honestly NOT thrilled about providing a refund for a custom project we did 6 years ago. So rather then refuel the flames on this topic I would like to say RAM and Mr Balm have come to a tentative agreement on settling this issue. We hope to finalize our agreement this week!

Sincerely,

Kyle Takenaga
Reference Audio Mods

Good! I consider both parties very lucky to resolved this dispute given the details.

Diamond007

Aug 11, 2011
While away, Kyle and I have penciled out an agreement where he has agreed to replace the Marantz transport assembly in my player
and cash me out of the Carver amp less the outstanding balance owed.
I authored the Mutual Release Agreement and expect a signed hard copy in the mail Tuesday.

This next Saturday Kyle will come to my home, repair the Marantz and settle up.

AS part of the agreement, I will have a warranty in writing in the event that the player fails.

I agreed to post this tentative agreement and will follow up to his credit.

I would appreciate if the moderators would keep this thread open, so I can report here, the only thread that Kyle has posted.

So he may receive credit for taking responsibility and following through.

Thank you to those who have been so supportive in my quest.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
+1.

Not my place, but all things considered, with so much unknown and/or unsaid, this is one of those threads y'all may want to consider deleting once the resolution is posted. If not before... IMO, and I do mean that! - Don

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Well, the two antagonists in this sad tale seem to have resolved their issue offline which is, in my view, where it belongs. Delete the thread? I think I'll leave that to one of the more experienced mods, but I feel absolutely confident in closing this puppy down.

Tim

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
I agree with Tim. We've read the statement of complaint and seen the response from the company. The two have reached a tentative agreement and the rest should remain private.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing