We ain't gettin' any younger

You're insane if you think Bob Dylan's ageing with grace when it comes to performing music. The supreme court should have put a gag order on him, and embargo, years ago.

Unless you wanted to hear the songs played and sung in their original keys :D

Something I've been saying for years, find somebody to sing the older stuff, Journey pulled it of well. I was overjoyed when they finally brought the Clockwork strings on stage, opened up the door for some older tunes.
Their musical virtuosity is stronger than ever, it just pains me that Geddy still has to sing and to me is the obvious reason the hung it up....for the time being.

One of the mentions on this list is Buddy Guy. I urge any of you that have not seen him live to buy a ticket to the next show and see him. Even if you are not a huge Blues fan, you will not be disappointed, he is the real deal.
His shows are fantastic, he has serious charisma and feeds off the crowd.

One show I was at a guy in the front row got up to go out in the lobby and Buddy jumped down off the stage and went and sat in his seat and just shreaded a solo to the guys girl, is was hilarious and amazing. At one point Buddy actually while mid song jumped off the stage and walked out into the lobby while shreading, walked around and came back on stage and finished the song.

Charisma and a few F-Bombs abound, great show. He has it all, blinding speed and gut wrenching emotion out of those 6 strings.

When Mick Jagger was 62 he could run back and forth a little more than a half football field on an extended stage, fast enough to leave cops in the dust panting, while he was singing, over and over.

While we are dreaming, let's make it the new 17.

Unfortunately, my mind still thinks it is 17, but the body does its own thing. :)

Unfortunately, my mind still thinks it is 17, but the body does its own thing. :)

I feel your pain both physically and mentally.

If young women could wrap their heads around the basic concept, I believe we could deal with our plight much better. :D

David,

In dog years I would be 455. My body is telling me that I'm that old, but I'll pass on that dream.

You're insane if you think Bob Dylan's ageing with grace when it comes to performing music. The supreme court should have put a gag order on him, and embargo, years ago.

I love 'em, but both Barbara Streisand and McCartney need to hang it up as well. It's frankly embarrassing.

Still headlining, Roger Waters will be 73 in a few days ...
20120623_RogerWaters-5.jpg

GE Smith 64 played guitar on Roger's Wall Live tour (highest grossing solo tour ever) ...
Roger+Waters+Performs+The+Wall+HhCN6ktTplQm.jpg

A few others still putting out great music and/or touring:

Mavis Staples 77
Maria Muldaur 73
Pete Townshend 71
Rod Argent 71
Colin Blunstone 71
Rod Stewart 71
Hugh Masekela 71
Al Green 70
Bryan Ferry 70
Mick Fleetwood 69
Frankie Beverly 69
Jimmy Cliff 68
Brian Eno 68
Donald Fagen 68
Robert Plant 68
Mick Taylor 67
George Thorogood 66
Peter Frampton 66
Tom Petty 65
Robert Cray 63

Mostly headlining as anti-Semitic, anti-Israel prick!

david

While he puts on a great show, I will not be spending any more money there.

My dream concert would be a Genesis concert with Gabriel, Collins,Rutherford,Banks,Hackett,Thompson,Struermer all getting along and making fantastic music.
Yes I am aware of ALL the reasons why this isn't going to happen, BUT could you imagine the rendition of Suppers Ready that they could pull off! :eek::)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing