Where can I find website with a list of all Magnepan products and current prices?

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA
Bigger price jumps than US inflation!

Have other US audio companies had as large an increase in prices.

Why is this?

Davetea

Mar 12, 2022
I'm not sure about putting their prices up, but are there still any for sale?? As far as I can tell, Magnepan has almost gone under! Sad, but true. I bought a new pair of 1.7i's last year, and the LH panel was faulty, with a loose floppy panel which buzzed/vibrated against the backplate with certain bass notes at louder than 'quite quiet' volumes. I was promised a replacement 9 MONTHS ago, but now no-one answers emails nor the phone lines!
Has anyone else had trouble with responses from them?

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
"Gone under"?? My understanding is that they have been very busy with very long delivery times as a result. Probably also a lack of components because of the C 19 pandemic. But "gone under"? I think not.

JP

Davetea

Mar 12, 2022
JP - I'm afraid your 'understanding' is incorrect. May I ask where your understanding came from?
There are only TWO employees there now; one guy in 'marketing' and another who's just returned from a many year absence, to solely occupy the 'Service' Dept! Apart from the owner, that's it! Long delivery times are no doubt due to the fact that there's no-one in the manufacturing dept now, or there wasn't 2 Months ago!

Davetea

Mar 12, 2022
Hi Jp, Thanks for the info. It seems they've got things up n running again in the last couple of Months. It aslo seems Erik, in marketing, has been working on the new site. They may have manufacturing staff now, let's hope, as I'm still waiting for a 1.7i replacement panel. I've tried calling from here, the UK, at great cost, but no-one has answered the phone, and it costs me £10 to just leave a message on their machine, which no-one responds to!

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Hi Jp, Thanks for the info. It seems they've got things up n running again in the last couple of Months. It aslo seems Erik, in marketing, has been working on the new site. They may have manufacturing staff now, let's hope, as I'm still waiting for a 1.7i replacement panel. I've tried calling from here, the UK, at great cost, but no-one has answered the phone, and it costs me £10 to just leave a message on their machine, which no-one responds to!
Good luck :).

JP

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing